3 Toffees to Hibs on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane Duffy, as I revealed in the other thread

Apologies Orly, I had a look around the forum, granted not meticulously but the last thing I wanted to do was clog up the place with the same old stuff, I really rate Duffy but I'd have thought he was at a stage above where we are at just now, but I'd be delighted with him.

Hope and Kennedy maybe, I'd expect Lundstram to be playing a a higher level, he played half of last season in the Championship. Pennington and McLaughlin could be possiblities as well.

Pennington is one that I heard last week too as was Conor Grant but its just names, I know absolutely nothing of them to be honest.

All our lads are back from the Thailand tour so Hope could be one of the three you mentioned.

Ahh I see, cheers, I didn't realise they were back already, thought they just left at the end of last week, expected it to be a week to 10 days trip

Maybe it's a sweetner if we are taking Robertson (?) off you?

Sorry Milk, the Robertson we have would be of know interest to you, I think you're possibly thinking of Andrew Robertson at Dundee Utd, we've got Scott Robertson, think he's currently having a medical at Hull as we speak, good player, top prospect.

I'm a plastic Hibee and it would be nice to see some of the younger Blues getting a chance to get some games for Hibs. Especially this seaosn as it'll be a high pressure environment in The Championship

I'll tell you what though, signing Allan out from under Rangers nose's was pretty boss. Having some young blues in the squad would be an added bonus

Is Duffy a definite goer? I was under the impression he was going to be in and around the first team squad this season, I think he was also pretty dismissove of that suggestion a few weeks ago on Twitter too.

I've got high hopes for Duffy for hia future so if he does go to Hibs I think it might only be until January

Apologies Orly, I had a look around the forum, granted not meticulously but the last thing I wanted to do was clog up the place with the same old stuff, I really rate Duffy but I'd have thought he was at a stage above where we are at just now, but I'd be delighted with him.

Pennington is one that I heard last week too as was Conor Grant but its just names, I know absolutely nothing of them to be honest.

Agh I see, cheers, I didn't realise they were back already, thought they just left at the end of last week, expected it to be a week to 10 days trip

It was a short trip, one game to satisfy sponsorship obligations.

Pennington is a CB/ RB, played on loan at Tranmere last year, is quick apparently. Grant started out as a left mid but has played in the middle more recently, did well in preseason last year but had an injury hit season so didn't get out on loan like others his age, he is highly rated at the club though apparently.

It was a short trip, one game to satisfy sponsorship obligations.

Pennington is a CB/ RB, played on loan at Tranmere last year, is quick apparently. Grant started out as a left mid but has played in the middle more recently, did well in preseason last year but had an injury hit season so didn't get out on loan like others his age, he is highly rated at the club though apparently.

thanks again Bluebud, much appreciated, we (Hibs) are drastically short on the left side of midfield so Grant could be a realistic option, same with Pennington, we are weak in the center of defence.

I can't see Duffy coming myself, he just played a full season in the English Championship didn't he? So I'd expect that Everton will at least want him to play at the same standard, Hibs have a huge challenge this Season ourselves but realistically I'd think they'll want to place him at a higher standard than we can offer unfortunately.

Think it will definitely be Hope, maybe Pennington and possibly Lundstram.

It will be people that Stubbs worked closely with last season.

Scottish second division isn't that great a standard though. Apart from Rangers, Hearts, Hibs games, the matches average 500-1000 attendances.

Probably on a par with Conference level.

How about Gethin Jones? He just signed a 3 year contract and he said on Radio Cymru recently that he'll probably be sent out on loan this season.

think it was only a 1 yr contract.

Think it will definitely be Hope, maybe Pennington and possibly Lundstram.

It will be people that Stubbs worked closely with last season.

Scottish second division isn't that great a standard though. Apart from Rangers, Hearts, Hibs games, the matches average 500-1000 attendances.

Probably on a par with Conference level.

doubt lundstram would drop to that level after playing championship last season.

I would think Long, Grant and Jones @MickyWeir7 just because as you mention, i think Duffy would be looking for a Championship team at worst. I would say the same for Lundstrum as well. Kennedy may fancy it though i think he could get a championship whilst Hope i think would be around League 1 standard. I guess a lot would depend on how much the lads would like to work with Stubbs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.