3 Toffees to Hibs on loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon besides possibly Hope, it wouldn't be any of the lads that travelled to Thailand. Most likely to be some of the 3rd year players ie. Langton, McLaughlin and maybe Green?

I can totally understand where you're coming from with regards to the level of the Scottish Championship but I think the one big factor Hibs have got in their favour is Alan Stubbs, while the level of competiton may not be as good physically as it would be in the English Championship I think Stubbs is possibly a coach who Everton may trust to look after and help progress, also, with Hearts.amd the new Rangers in the League too it might also iff2er that ultra competitive edge that would otherwise be lacking.

I'm not naive enough to believe we'll het any of the top prospects, thats why I was interested to see if there was any news on who it could be, equally, I'd be hugely surprised if it were any U18s as I dont think the physicality of this league would be beneficial to them at this stage

GAH.

No offence to @MickyWeir7 who seems a decent chap, I'm not sure I'd want our near first team youngsters playing in the Scottish second tier.

Maybe the Prem, or maybe the Championship down here.

Sorry mate.

I don't mind them going to hibs. I don't mind Hibs becoming a feeder club of ours for some of the youngsters. The physical experienced matched with the football hibs are now trying to play would provide SOME of our players valuable playing time in a competitive league.

It won't be Duffy or Browning, Martinez clearly plans to use them in some capacity this season.

If we do loan some players out, it will probably be Kennedy, Hope and Green.

I wouldn't rule out some of the second year under 18 lads, when Roberto talks about James Mcarthy one of the things he often mentions is the fact that he was playing first team men's football at 15 for Sterling and credits his football know how to the amount of experience he has for his age. If the youngsters are considered to be physically upto it then they might go out. It might just be short-term and then swap with some of the other lads.

One key point, so many of us dont like stubbs. Also we cant imagine him being 'highly rated'.

Not sure who would actually want to play for him tbh.

I can totally understand where you're coming from with regards to the level of the Scottish Championship but I think the one big factor Hibs have got in their favour is Alan Stubbs, while the level of competiton may not be as good physically as it would be in the English Championship I think Stubbs is possibly a coach who Everton may trust to look after and help progress, also, with Hearts.amd the new Rangers in the League too it might also iff2er that ultra competitive edge that would otherwise be lacking.

I'm not naive enough to believe we'll het any of the top prospects, thats why I was interested to see if there was any news on who it could be, equally, I'd be hugely surprised if it were any U18s as I dont think the physicality of this league would be beneficial to them at this stage

GAH.

No offence to @MickyWeir7 who seems a decent chap, I'm not sure I'd want our near first team youngsters playing in the Scottish second tier.

Maybe the Prem, or maybe the Championship down here.

Sorry mate.

No need to apologise, I think its a pretty realistic view point if you are looking at Hibs as a stand alone entity but I was putting 2 and 2 together with the inclusion of Stubbs at Hibs and believing their has been dialogue between the clubs regarding players.

While you obviously don't rate the level Hibs are currently at maybe Martinez does who does seem to have a vast knowledge of this particular market, add to that thenStubbs/Everton connection then I think the liklihood of Hibs getting Everton players does increase.

One key point, so many of us dont like stubbs. Also we cant imagine him being 'highly rated'.

Not sure who would actually want to play for him tbh.

I'm aware of hostility toward him via fans mate but I was talking about those in charge at the club, I was under the impression Martinez was happy with his work and Kenwright rated him highly, obviously you'll know better than me on these points though, again this has been the kind of stuff we've been fed by the media up here though.

Moyes didnt take Stubbs to Man utd and Martinez never moved him up to a first team role instead preferring outsiders or those with less experience.

I think its telling that Unsworth chose to stay at the club.

Anyway I do hope that he isnt as bad as a lot of us believe and maybe it will benefit both you and us.

No need to apologise, I think its a pretty realistic view point if you are looking at Hibs as a stand alone entity but I was putting 2 and 2 together with the inclusion of Stubbs at Hibs and believing their has been dialogue between the clubs regarding players.

While you obviously don't rate the level Hibs are currently at maybe Martinez does who does seem to have a vast knowledge of this particular market, add to that thenStubbs/Everton connection then I think the liklihood of Hibs getting Everton players does increase.

I'm aware of hostility toward him via fans mate but I was talking about those in charge at the club, I was under the impression Martinez was happy with his work and Kenwright rated him highly, obviously you'll know better than me on these points though, again this has been the kind of stuff we've been fed by the media up here though.

Would love Hibs to hit the jackpot with some young blue talent
Best of luck Micky, hope you have a cracking season kid ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.