The next 5 games:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hush you all.

it will be 15 from 15. AND we will score a total of 15 goals allowing only 3.

Someone find me the odds on that I will bet it!

Unfortunately, things never work out as we plan them. If you put yourself in the shoes of an Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United or Liverpool fan (shudder) then they would look at us in a run of fixtures and probably say, 'should be 3 points that' in the same way we look at Saints/Spurs/West Ham and say 'should be 3 points that'. As you know, we regularly take points off the teams above us, and the teams below us do the same to us.

Essentially I'm hesitant to predict points totals.

Sunderland at Home last season. You cannot predict anything due to a game changing decision can happen at any time in any game.
Red Cards, bad injuries etc all play a part in the setup and mental approach of both sides. Lets just keep trying to play the right way and hope we pick up as many points as we can.

One lesson I've learnt as I grow older is not to bother predicting individual results. Appreciate the sentiment - we've got winnable games on paper coming up. But as cliche as it is, let's not think a couple of wins means we're now going to steamroller past everyone.

e.g. yes I think we should be winning next weekend, but Swansea have shown a lot of quality so far and they'll fancy sticking a couple past us. Should be a very good game.

When I seen the fixture list at the start of season, I did out my predictions for the year, we ended up with 102 points. It went all out the window with that draw against Leicester on the opening day.:oops:

So I thought we were supposed to get 3 points on Saturday?

Seriously, I know it's fun to predict where we'll get our points but it's slightly cringeworthy to see fans thinking a couple of wins means we're going to be just winning week in week out. This is why exercises like this are at best a total waste of time.

One thing you can guarantee is that if faced with 5 easy fixtures we wouldn't win them all. But give us 3 easy ones and two tough ones then we might. Everton that.

Have to win at the weekend now, none of that Thursday Sunday excuse, Sunderland did well tonight, Sunday isnt going to be easy, if we play like we did on Saturday i cant see us getting anything

I actually think Everton will win the Europa League this season, so even though fighting for top 4 is important...I would like to see Everton go full throttle in the Europa League, they have one of the best squads and I think they can do it.

I actually think Everton will win the Europa League this season, so even though fighting for top 4 is important...I would like to see Everton go full throttle in the Europa League, they have one of the best squads and I think they can do it.

ta me lar. don't think we'll win it, but quarters at least i'd hope for. expecting us to tits it all up in these final 3 group games now.

ta me lar. don't think we'll win it, but quarters at least i'd hope for. expecting us to tits it all up in these final 3 group games now.
You guys sent a half-assed team to Lille and were still so comfortable. You bitch-slapped the second placed team in the Bundesliga 4-1 at Goodison, I think you're underestimating the relative strength of the Everton squad, it wouldn't look out of place in the CL. Lille will be turned over this week.

You guys sent a half-assed team to Lille and were still so comfortable. You bitch-slapped the second placed team in the Bundesliga 4-1 at Goodison, I think you're underestimating the relative strength of the Everton squad, it wouldn't look out of place in the CL. Lille will be turned over this week.

i probably rate our squad more than anyone else on here. we've had good runs before but always seem to get knocked out by a top team in europe when we draw them too early. we'll suffer a fluke defeat at the hands of spurs or something. think we'll win thursday though

Sunderland at Home last season. You cannot predict anything due to a game changing decision can happen at any time in any game.
Red Cards, bad injuries etc all play a part in the setup and mental approach of both sides. Lets just keep trying to play the right way and hope we pick up as many points as we can.
This. One play can change everything. I want us to keep improving and set up a chance for a run at Europe by the end of the year. In my opinion, we peaked in December last year... Would like it to happen from March-May this year.

I'm with you on that. Mr sunshine are some people on here. We are going to push on up the table. Swansea was a blip, I cant see Barkley playing that bad again. A win against Sunderland and it's 3 wins and a draw in 4 games. That's not bad. We will push on after Sunderland too. As for a European game under the lights at goodison? We should continue or decent form in Europa, as you predicted.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.