The next 5 games:

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of interest, what way does the first knockout draw work?

Do the CL drop outs get to play a runner up in an EL group and the EL group winners go into the hat to be drawn together, keeping teams from the same country apart?

Group winners can't get drawn against a CL dropout or a team from the same league in the round of 32.

Next knockout is a free for all.

I REALLY want Napoli, send that fat slimy bell packing.

As a matter of interest, what way does the first knockout draw work?

Do the CL drop outs get to play a runner up in an EL group and the EL group winners go into the hat to be drawn together, keeping teams from the same country apart?

This is copy and pasted from uefa.com. The draw is held on the 15 December in Nyon.

There will be two pots for the round of 32 draw: the 12 group winners and the four best third-ranked teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage are seeded. They will be drawn against the 12 group runners-up and the remaining third-placed UEFA Champions League sides. No team can play a club from their group or a side from the same association. Games will be played on 19 and 26 February.

The draw for the round of 16 follows and there are no seeded sides. The 16 balls containing slips of paper representing 'Winners of match 1' to 'Winners of match 16' are placed in one bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn are to play their first match at home against the second team drawn; the same procedure is then repeated for the other matches. There are no restrictions on the round of 16 draw. Ties are on 12 and 19 March (Uefa et al., 2014).

The fact that we played Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool in our first 7 games while out of form and many players out injured might be a blessing in disguise, since then we had relatively 2 easy games, won them both and till we play City away on 6th of December we have:

Swansea at home
Sunderland away
West Ham at home
Spurs away
Hull home

While there is no easy game in the premier league, 3 home games against Swansea, West Ham and Hull are 3 pointers on paper while Sunderland and Spurs are both struggling, I have us up to 3rd by the time we play City on http://www.thesportspredictor.com/#/predictor/pro

1-Chelsea =36
2-Man City =30
3-Everton =25
4-Southampton =24
5-Arsenal =23
6-Man Utd =23
7-Liverpool =22

Not far off

The fact that we played Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool in our first 7 games while out of form and many players out injured might be a blessing in disguise, since then we had relatively 2 easy games, won them both and till we play City away on 6th of December we have:

Swansea at home
Sunderland away
West Ham at home
Spurs away
Hull home

While there is no easy game in the premier league, 3 home games against Swansea, West Ham and Hull are 3 pointers on paper while Sunderland and Spurs are both struggling, I have us up to 3rd by the time we play City on http://www.thesportspredictor.com/#/predictor/pro

1-Chelsea =36
2-Man City =30
3-Everton =25
4-Southampton =24
5-Arsenal =23
6-Man Utd =23
7-Liverpool =22

This went well...

Swansea at home
Sunderland away
West Ham at home
Spurs away
Hull home

1-Chelsea =36
2-Man City =30
3-Everton =25
4-Southampton =24
5-Arsenal =23
6-Man Utd =23
7-Liverpool =22

Pretty close really, instead of being 2 points ahead of Arsenal we are two points ahead of Aston Villa instead.

Hahahahaha.

Next 5 PL games:

Man City away.
QPR at home.
Southampton away.
Stoke at home.
Newcastle away.

What do we think lads? 2 points? 3?

How low can we go?

Honestly - play Browning alongside Jagielka against City. I'm not just saying it to bash Distin but I honestly think he'll do a better job, Aguero will run a tired Distin ragged all day.

Browning will be desperate to impress which could either lead to an outstanding performance or a poor one but I don't think he can do any worse.

Man City 0
QPR 3
Southampton 0
Stoke 1
Newcastle 0

Thus, at the halfway point of the season (19 games), I see us on 22 points. Last season we were on 37

Status
Not open for further replies.