The next 5 games:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Player Valuation: £8m
The fact that we played Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool in our first 7 games while out of form and many players out injured might be a blessing in disguise, since then we had relatively 2 easy games, won them both and till we play City away on 6th of December we have:

Swansea at home
Sunderland away
West Ham at home
Spurs away
Hull home

While there is no easy game in the premier league, 3 home games against Swansea, West Ham and Hull are 3 pointers on paper while Sunderland and Spurs are both struggling, I have us up to 3rd by the time we play City on http://www.thesportspredictor.com/#/predictor/pro

1-Chelsea =36
2-Man City =30
3-Everton =25
4-Southampton =24
5-Arsenal =23
6-Man Utd =23
7-Liverpool =22

We have a very good chance to lay down the foundations for an excellent season in these next 5 games.

Dont think we will win them all, but if we are to achieve anything then we need at least 7 points from our home games.

Well i will go bk a touch,i thought we would beat villa,Burnely,swansea,at least draw to sunderland,beat west ham,didnt think about the 2 other games in list,spurs - but would expect draw and us to beat hull if things went as i think,we could be 6th or even 5th by 6pm sat

One lesson I've learnt as I grow older is not to bother predicting individual results. Appreciate the sentiment - we've got winnable games on paper coming up. But as cliche as it is, let's not think a couple of wins means we're now going to steamroller past everyone.

e.g. yes I think we should be winning next weekend, but Swansea have shown a lot of quality so far and they'll fancy sticking a couple past us. Should be a very good game.

The fact that we played Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool in our first 7 games while out of form and many players out injured might be a blessing in disguise, since then we had relatively 2 easy games, won them both and till we play City away on 6th of December we have:

Swansea at home
Sunderland away
West Ham at home
Spurs away
Hull home

While there is no easy game in the premier league, 3 home games against Swansea, West Ham and Hull are 3 pointers on paper while Sunderland and Spurs are both struggling, I have us up to 3rd by the time we play City on http://www.thesportspredictor.com/#/predictor/pro

1-Chelsea =36
2-Man City =30
3-Everton =25
4-Southampton =24
5-Arsenal =23
6-Man Utd =23
7-Liverpool =22
Can't take anything for granted in this league,but yes its a golden opportunity for us to seize,go Toffees!!!:D

Swansea are decent, will really need to be on form for this and as near to full strength as possible.

Sunderland away is a fixture I would expect to win.

West Ham might still be high on confidence, but at home you would hope we have enough to sexy football them off the park.

Spurs away will always be tough, but I would be disappointed with anything less than a point.

Hull will come and be hard to break down, might get a narrow victory there.

I would be happy with 10-11 points out of 15.

Which ones are after Thursday games is the thing. Helps playing Spurs after a euro night as they in same boat as us and I think we have a better bigger squad than them.

Not going to make any predictions as we may have a run of injuries which messes it all up.

Ignore the names and follow the math.

We need to average 1.85 pts per game for CCL form. We should be aiming for 9-10 points from these 5 games. If we could earn 12 from them, we'd be at 24 pts after 14 games and that would put us almost back on track after a poor start to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.