The next 5 games:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys sent a half-assed team to Lille and were still so comfortable. You bitch-slapped the second placed team in the Bundesliga 4-1 at Goodison, I think you're underestimating the relative strength of the Everton squad, it wouldn't look out of place in the CL. Lille will be turned over this week.

I like this geezer

After the international break we go on a run of 7 games in 24 days!

West Ham (H) 22 Nov
Vfl Wolfsburg (A) 27 Nov
Spurs (A) 30 Nov
Hull City (H) 3 Dec
Man City (A) 6 Dec
Krasnodar (H) 11 Dec
QPR (H) 15 Dec

What a time to be an evertonian!

After the international break we go on a run of 7 games in 24 days!

West Ham (H) 22 Nov
Vfl Wolfsburg (A) 27 Nov
Spurs (A) 30 Nov
Hull City (H) 3 Dec
Man City (A) 6 Dec
Krasnodar (H) 11 Dec
QPR (H) 15 Dec

What a time to be an evertonian!
Am I right in thinking that a win at Wolfsburg guarantees us first place in the group?

And if so, would people be prepared to risk a loss at Spurs by sending out a full-strength side to Wolfsburg and going for the win?

Am I right in thinking that a win at Wolfsburg guarantees us first place in the group?

And if so, would people be prepared to risk a loss at Spurs by sending out a full-strength side to Wolfsburg and going for the win?

NO !!!

I'd rather risk a thumping by Wolfsburg if it meant our first team was rested and healthy to beat overrated Spurs.

basically if we had to put out a reserve team for one of those games, it's wolfsburg all day wrong. i mean, yes, you get some sort of advantage by coming top of the group, but it's still luck of the draw. we can still draw easier teams who won their group and draw harder teams by winning ours, so it's not exactly a given that coming top benefits us.

we could come 2nd and play legia warsaw, or finish top and play inter milan - with our progress virtually sealed i'd accept a loss at wolfsburg for a win at spurs. same way i would have accepted a draw against swansea and a win against lille instead of a win v swansea and draw vs lille.

What was a secondary good thing about this evening has been that Pienaar didn't play, nor Barkley, or Coleman or Eto'o. Gibson got a run and sprayed the ball around well, we got a great performance (especially first half) from McGeady. We are throwing our weight around well and standing our ground - Mirallas and Stones are another set of fixtures closer to recovery, same goes Alcaraz and Lukaku getting over playing through injury.

Fly in the ointment? Hopefully Barry brought off was a precaution.

When one says "easy," do they mean like Crystal Palace at home type of "easy?"
Exactly. There is no easy game when you are an Evertonian.
Not sure what to expect at Sunderland but they won away 3-1 and we may have a few tired legs.
Who knows what the International break will bring us? West Ham are playing pretty well recently even away from home (unusual for them).

Yes and Yes.

And don't forget Spurs will have the same scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.