The next 5 games:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore the names and follow the math.

We need to average 1.85 pts per game for CCL form. We should be aiming for 9-10 points from these 5 games. If we could earn 12 from them, we'd be at 24 pts after 14 games and that would put us almost back on track after a poor start to the season.

.....I'd prefer benchmarks like this than looking at specific games. I suspect you are saying that in a normal season 1.85 points per game gives us a shout of top 4. That is a good litmus paper to use at any point.

I always had/have a Xmas benchmark of 20pts and we are ok to avoid relegation, 25-30 is decent and puts us up there.

.....I'd prefer benchmarks like this than looking at specific games. I suspect you are saying that in a normal season 1.85 points per game gives us a shout of top 4. That is a good litmus paper to use at any point.

I always had/have a Xmas benchmark of 20pts and we are ok to avoid relegation, 25-30 is decent and puts us up there.

Remember that from last season mate.

Ignore the names and follow the math.

We need to average 1.85 pts per game for CCL form. We should be aiming for 9-10 points from these 5 games. If we could earn 12 from them, we'd be at 24 pts after 14 games and that would put us almost back on track after a poor start to the season.

Unless you are from across the pond then you missed out an "S"

Do the MATHS!!

I'll be honest i'm not too confident on Swansea or West Ham, both teams looking good at the moment. We will have to go up another gear to come away with 6 points from both in my opinion.

The thing and beauty of comparing the start of this to last season,is if [and could be big if with us the way we go sometimes] we win our next 3 games,we have 21 from 12 games,spot on same as the start as last year,despite not doing to well win wise this season at the start,
we were 5th after 12 games last season scoring 17/conceeding 13 [winning 5/drew 6 loss 1]

I defo expect a great run now and at least 11 to 12 points from the next 5. However it's nothing to do with the opposition but more due to our form improving, mainly because of key players returning from injuries. Just like I think we would have comfortably got 4 points from Anfield and Old Trafford if Barkley, Coleman and McCarthy had been fit. We do have some tough fixtures coming up, particularly Swansea and West Ham and while I think they will come here and play well, we will win because we will have too much for them, simple as...

Status
Not open for further replies.