Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the little I know, Tim strikes me as a good bloke personally. We're not going to replace him in January and if the need is there for CB's & a decent winger, I wonder if the cash would be there in the summer.

From R M's perspective, he saw a good first half of last season and a good World Cup so I doubt GK was anything like a priority for him.

However, those who have watched him since he came here know he can and does cost you points. How many other clubs in the P L would want him to replace their current Keeper? Precious bloody few.

Yeah, that clip reveals how how much pressure he's under. I dont think it did him any favours, tbh (and I defo dont think the BBC would have shown that if it was the manager of an elite club - they took the piss there).

Tbh, I have more faith in Howard than Robles. We need someone to come in like Lloris did at Spurs to unseat Friedel.

Yep and we may have to spend some dollar to get a decent keeper in to get us to the standard required.

I disagree. From Howard clearing it there was around 8-10 seconds before it was in the back of the net. His clearance allowed our team enough time to get set defensively again. There were 6 defenders in and around Falcao.

Also, his action was little to different to when quite a few of our defenders just hoofed it upfield throughout the match e.g. Baines when it dropped over his head to Mata at the back post, yet our defenders don't come in for similar criticism.
Nah, a goalie should never venture that far out and wide of his goal to clear other than into the stands. It places every other team mate under pressure because they know the goal is vulnerable to a quick switch across the field.

Howard made effectively the first pass in a move United scored from.

Since Kasper sorted his deal out at Leicester i'm at a bit of a loss who we could even get in so it's all a bit moot.

Marshall maybe?

Keepers are arguably the hardest position to buy for. It's either somebody elses second choice like a Lindegaard, Cech or Caballero. A young up and comer like Butland or McCarthy. Or top dollar for quality like Lloris or De Gea. Martinez has a big decision to make soon because I can see Howard staying one more season after this before either heading home or retiring.

Keepers are arguably the hardest position to buy for. It's either somebody elses second choice like a Lindegaard, Cech or Caballero. A young up and comer like Butland or McCarthy. Or top dollar for quality like Lloris or De Gea. Martinez has a big decision to make soon because I can see Howard staying one more season after this before either heading home or retiring.
I think the decision should be made for him tbh, time to move him on ASAP .

The RS reckon they're getting him, imagine we got him instead. Make it happen!

Valdes and Eto'o in the same team?
Elf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.