Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option"Papa Shango, post: 3074114, member: 9453"]Hes awful. Poor goalkeeping mechanics. Get rid.

Nice bloke.[/QUOTE]
Options if we get rid ? Cech, given, Marshall, Robles or vorm . I would take any of em . [Poor language removed] off Howard. [Poor language removed] off

Option"Papa Shango, post: 3074114, member: 9453"]Hes awful. Poor goalkeeping mechanics. Get rid.

Nice bloke.
Options if we get rid ? Cech, given, Marshall, Robles or vorm . I would take any of em . [Poor language removed] off Howard. [Poor language removed] off[/QUOTE]

Given, lol. No thanks. Rather have Howard.

We should try and poach one of the Bundesliga's young talents.

Said it half a dozen times in here, he's a keeper that represents us as a club.

Not quite good enough for the top 4, has some outstanding games and is good to watch, but has some clangers and frustrates. Everton that.

Options if we get rid ? Cech, given, Marshall, Robles or vorm . I would take any of em . [Poor language removed] off Howard. [Poor language removed] off

We should try and poach one of the Bundesliga's young talents.[/QUOTE]

This. People forget there's a world outside England, I'd take Trapp from Frankfurt, Ulreich from Stuttgart or Horn from FC Koln

Couldn't believe Roberto getting into the ref at FT in the tunnel over the decision not to stop play for Pienaar lying on the ground before their winner...I'd have thought the obvious reply from the ref would have been something like: "well, your goalie had the ball at his feet under no pressure and decided not to put it out, so wtf are you going on about!?"

Pretty lame that from Martinez.

We should try and poach one of the Bundesliga's young talents.

Risky business. Ter Stegen looked great in Germany but has so far looked really out of his depth at Barca. Which is sort of understandable, but still.

Really hard getting a reliable keeper. Even if we got one, keepers take a whole while to bed in with their new team, and defence in particular. De Gea is just hitting his heights now for example.

I don't know what the solution is sadly.

Last edited:
Couldn't believe Roberto getting into the ref at FT in the tunnel over the decision not to stop play for Pienaar lying on the ground before their winner...I'd have thought the obvious reply from the ref would have been something like: "well, your goalie had the ball at his feet under no pressure and decided not to put it out, so wtf are you going on about!?"

Pretty lame that from Martinez.

Even though your right about what the ref probably said and I'm sure Martinez gave Howard a bollocking I didn't mind it one bit Martinez having a go at the ref. Anyone who thinks he ain't feeling the pressure that was a sure sign that he's arsed and not happy about our current situation. It's a shame our players don't do it more often tbh because it's part and parcel of the game but we seem too intent on being nice. What Martinez has to do now is show some balls and drop Howard and if he doesn't that's a sure sign that he doesn't rate Robles or think he's ready for 1st team football. Howard should be nowhere near the 1st team after some awful decision making this season.

Even though your right about what the ref probably said and I'm sure Martinez gave Howard a bollocking I didn't mind it one bit Martinez having a go at the ref. Anyone who thinks he ain't feeling the pressure that was a sure sign that he's arsed and not happy about our current situation. It's a shame our players don't do it more often tbh because it's part and parcel of the game but we seem too intent on being nice. What Martinez has to do now is show some balls and drop Howard and if he doesn't that's a sure sign that he doesn't rate Robles or think he's ready for 1st team football. Howard should be nowhere near the 1st team after some awful decision making this season.

Yeah, that clip reveals how how much pressure he's under. I dont think it did him any favours, tbh (and I defo dont think the BBC would have shown that if it was the manager of an elite club - they took the piss there).

Tbh, I have more faith in Howard than Robles. We need someone to come in like Lloris did at Spurs to unseat Friedel.

Howard was in no way to blame for the goals.
Howard was defo the source of the second goal. Yes, they had a lot to do after he failed to put the ball out, but that doesn't detract from the fact that any GK worth their salt would have belted that into the stands...regardless of whether their own player needed attention or not, btw.

Howard has always always made clangers, they are just happening way too frequently now.

He's definitely at fault for Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Man United and had six hit past him against Chelsea and plus could have been sent off for handling outside the box. The West Brom doesn't count cause I don't think he had anything to do all day, and there were two goals each for the Arsenal and West Brom game which I can't remember if he was at fault or not.

Howard was defo the source of the second goal. Yes, they had a lot to do after he failed to put the ball out, but that doesn't detract from the fact that any GK worth their salt would have belted that into the stands...regardless of whether their own player needed attention or not, btw.
I disagree. From Howard clearing it there was around 8-10 seconds before it was in the back of the net. His clearance allowed our team enough time to get set defensively again. There were 6 defenders in and around Falcao.

Also, his action was little to different to when quite a few of our defenders just hoofed it upfield throughout the match e.g. Baines when it dropped over his head to Mata at the back post, yet our defenders don't come in for similar criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.