Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
all he had to do was piont at peinaar who was injured, and roll the ball out, at worse its a throw, in at best unt give us the ball back to clear.

So true, basic error that with a player down injured and you're miles out of your box.
Apart from that he made a few decent saves and didn't do much wrong, but keepers are measured by their mistakes and that one ended up costing us.

Spot on, I said the same thing. He belted a backpass straight out of play under no pressure in the first half.

Thing is, even ignoring the Pienaar injury, he should have put it in row Z. He was way out of his goal, our defence was pulled out of position, its one of those times you just knock it out and take a bit of pressure off, even more so when we're a man down and the sub is stood on the sidelines waiting to come on. Ridiculous decision to try and keep that in, and the confusion we were already in the middle of before he failed to take that pressure off, is what ultimately led to the winning goal. I rate De Gea very highly, the only bit of world class in United's defence, but he was the difference today. A penalty save and 3 crucial late matchwinning saves. The clown in our goal has very little to deal with and still manages to cost us the game.

Give Joel a go, he just cant be any worse, and keepers can only ever settle in with a run of games anyway. He's only played the odd game, usually behind a mixed up defence in cup games, so give him a run. If any other player had made the number of cock ups Howard has made this season, he would be out of the side. Just because he's a keeper doesnt mean he deserves special treatment. Get him out, he's getting worse, and give Joel a run.

it was a rookie mistake of what you would expect at an under 16's match, not someone with the amount of experience as howard. our younger players are being let down week by week by our experienced players who are suppose to be standing up for us.

it's no coincidence that players like jagielka and howard have never won anything with us and always have question marks against them in the big games - and now we have a chance of doing something and they're the ones bottling it. hopefully with our new young core, we have winners who won't follow suit of the previous regime. you see players like stones and barkley and you feel they won't have the same troubles.

Doesn't matter how crap our 2nd choice, 3rd choice or 4th choice keepers are, one if them deserve to be given a run of games now if it was another mistake/poor decision from Howard. Making 2 decent saves a game followed by a mistake isn't good enough and he needs to be dropped. I will come back and fume about him more later once I've seen what he does.

We're rapidly reaching our 'Joe Hart Moment' now.

I hope Martinez realises that he cannot keep backing him if keeps making these mistakes.

If he values Robles (and to be honest, I have my doubts about him too), he needs to give him a chance.

It would be a controversial move, but it might be the kick up the backside that Howard needs.

We're rapidly reaching our 'Joe Hart Moment' now.

I hope Martinez realises that he cannot keep backing him if keeps making these mistakes.

If he values Robles (and to be honest, I have my doubts about him too), he needs to give him a chance.

It would be a controversial move, but it might be the kick up the backside that Howard needs.

I don't think it would be controversial now....most fans realise he needs taken out the firing line, IMO

Cost us a point today. Just let the bloody thing go out for a throw or smash it in to Row Z don't pass it to them.

He didn't even need to leave his goal we were in control.

Basic, stupid errors.

Absolutely spot on, there was no reason in the first place to be running out that far. And if your going to run out the kick it out so the players can regroup. Another poor decision from a keeper who has basically been dreadful all season bar one game. For our own sake and his he should be dropped and like someone else mentioned above needs to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.