Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That clearance was hands down the dumbest thing he's done this season. I have no idea what he was thinking - away from goal, with a player down injured, so he decides to pass the ball down the flank to a United player.

Idiot.

No, dashing out of his goal to bring down the Crystal Palace forward when both our CBs were dealing with the situation was the dumbest.

Love how this thread goes silent when Howard makes a save of the week or pushes aside a penalty...or keeps a clean sheet.

...but of course that hasnt happened this year. Carry on.

Love how this thread goes silent when Howard makes a save of the week or pushes aside a penalty...or keeps a clean sheet.

...but of course that hasnt happened this year. Carry on.

Thread was full of praise for him because of some of his performances last year. And the Wolfsburg game. Weird comment.

You are right, on first viewing I hadn't seen RVP.

But RVP, Jags and Howard all start out at the same time chasing the ball and are about level - why would Howard race out from his area, leaving his goal exposed, to get the ball instead of leaving it to his defender who was alongside tracking it? And despite the pressure from RVP, it was a lot easier given the way he was facing to just kick the ball out for a throw in (allowing our sub) than it was for him to contort his body to boot it upfield keeping it in play.

He made a couple of decent saves but his decision making in the dying minutes of the game to pass to Browning rather than welly it upfield was also questionable.

Howard is in poor form at the moment, not so much his instinctive reactions but his judgement calls on when to come out/stay put. All players have bad patches, it is just very noticeable when goalkeepers do.
When I was watching it I was wondering about this too. Jagielka looked like he could have got there and Howard claimed it and chased it 10 yards out of the box so he could attempt to clear it and all I was thinking was "why?" and then the goal happened and I went straight to pure fume.

Really?

One of my favourite players.

A couple of his saves have turned our seasons, a penalty save against Defoe at Goodison a few seasons back right at the death being one of them.

Great signing at the time

Agree with the above posts. He's improved immensely under the new coaching staff. He was always a great shot stopper but now his involvement in the game with his distribution has taken him to a new level. Whenever I see Joel in net, one of things that always strikes is just how good Howard's distribution and possession keeping is compared to a keeper who has spent more time with Martinez. Not a trying to knock Joel, like him but Howard's just on another level.

Tim is ace. Is he the best keeper ever? No, but for a club with our finances it's simply not efficient to pay for a world class keeper. There aren't many better than him, not even regarding "our price range"

I thought Howard looked solid today. Not incredible, but far from poor.

Howard was brilliant today. Apart from the free kick he was superb. He's having the oddest season where hes either great or a mess.

That Balotelli header save was amazing, not that he knew anything about it.

Howard did well, pulled off a few saves that kept us in it, as for the free kick if Baines did that down the other end no one would say it was the keepers fault.

I love Tim. He's so Murica. I can't explain it, I just like that he plays for Everton.

Unbelievable stop from Balotelli. To give credit where it's due, you have to be there and be in the position to block it and he was

It was a World Class save mate.

The save by Tim Howard from Balotelli was World Class though.

That seemed like a lot of work to post that much. sifting through 69 pages to pull a few quotes doesnt seem like a good use of time.
I am at work so I cant go back and do the counterpoint but I am sure you can agree the there is an overwhelming majority of post slagging Howard compared to the positive comments.

That seemed like a lot of work to post that much. sifting through 69 pages to pull a few quotes doesnt seem like a good use of time.
I am at work so I cant go back and do the counterpoint but I am sure you can agree the there is an overwhelming majority of post slagging Howard compared to the positive comments.

Two hour break between uni lectures means lots of time to waste.

Thread was full of praise for him because of some of his performances last year. And the Wolfsburg game. Weird comment.

your response made me think...bears explaining: I just realized this thread isnt the original (This one started in March 2014). Combine this one to the other Tim Howard threads and my comment then has a bit more perspective.

Apologies for this oversight in particular.

Only got back from China 3 days ago and im still cating up on the highlights from games. Howard vs crystal palace is his worst performance ever in an everton shirt. Nothing short of pathetic.

We should be looking at Victor Valdes ourselves offer him decent wages, decent signing on fee and most importantly guarenteed first team football.

Martinez must be able to get in touch and try and woo him.

In my opinion for what its worth we have a problem going back a few years now, Carsely was not replaced immediately, i cant remember a old school disciplined (not yellow/red cards) positional defensive midfielder until we got barry. I also knew in the long term losing lescott would haunt us eventually, he is top draw for me, distin is good but id feel safer with the old jags/judas partnership. Also i feel that Moyes let himself go alittle when Irvine left his side, then when moyes left i would love to have seen irvine as bobby's assistant, whilst with moyes i got the feeling irvine told moyes honest opinions were as round just said yes sir no sir along with neville.

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, lescott, Baines looks solid to me, of course sheamus would of taken over hibbert.

Sorry lids alittle of topic there but i feel howard would benefit from distin and jags finding their form and sheamus coming back 100% fit.

How can you say that Michael ?

Maybe I took it too far, but before I left we had just beaten west brom and then smashed wolfsburg. I then go to China and we go on a really poor run of form against Crystal Palace and Swansea.

The bottom line is, he was really poor for the peno and the second goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.