Zero Squad and Re-Runs of PR Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
Ok, it seems that many clubs are spending money, but they are selling too. So this is just as assessment on who has spent what and in reality how much they have spent.

If it turns out that we are still at the bottom of the transfer stakes, then surely something has to be done.

Arsenal
Sold: 6 £16,100,00 (only for Henry, everything else was undisclosed)
Bought: 5 ??? (All undisclosed)
Net Profit: ??? (too unknown to say)
Squad Increase: -1

Aston Villa
Sold: 6 £2,000,000 (all but 1 undisclosed)
Bought: 2 £8,500,000 (for Reo-Coker only, other undisclosed)
Net Profit: -£6,500,000 (slightly inaccurate)
Squad Increase: -4

Birmingham City
Sold: 4 £2,600,000 (1 undisclosed)
Bought: 5 £5,650,000 (some undisclosed, one a loan deal)
Net Profit: -£3,000,000 (slightly inaccurate)
Squad Increase: +1

Blackburn Rovers
Sold: 2 ??? (1 free, 1 undisclosed)
Bought: 2 ??? (Undisclosed)
Net Profit: ???
Squad Increase: 0

Bolton Wanderers
Sold: 2 £0 (Both free transfers)
Bought: 6 £1,000,000 (3 undisclosed, 1 loan and 1 free)
Net Profit: -£1,000,000 (inaccurate)
Squad Increase: +4

Chelsea
Sold: 6 ??? (4 loans, 1 free and 1 undisclosed)
Bought: 4 ??? (1 undisclosed and 3 free transfers)
Squad Increase: -2

Everton
Sold: 3 £1,000,000 (1 free, 1 loan)
Bought: 3 £4,000,000 (1 loan, 1 undisclosed)
Net Profit: -£3,000,000 (slightly inaccurate)
Squad Increase: 0

Derby County
Sold: 3 £300,000 (1 free, 1 undisclosed)
Bought: 5 £7,500,000 (2 undisclosed)
Net Profit: -£7,200,000 (slightly inaccurate)
Squad Increase: +2

Fulham
Sold: 4 ??? (2 undisclosed, 1 free transfer, 1 loan expiration)
Bought: 7 £9,500,000 (3 undisclosed, 1 nominal)
Net Profit: -£9,500,000 (very inaccurate)
Squad Increase: +3

Liverpool
Sold: 8 £11,700,000 (2 loans, 3 free transfers, 1 undisclosed)
Bought: 9 £40,000,000 (5 undisclosed, 1 free transfer)
Net Profit: -£28,300,000 (slightly inaccurate)

Manchester City
Sold: 5 £5,800,000 (4 free transfers)
Bought: 6 £8,000,000 (4 undisclosed, 1 free transfer)
Net Profit: -£2,200,000 (very inaccurate)

Manchester United
Sold: 4 £6,000,000 (1 loan expire, 2 undisclosed)
Bought: 5 ??? (1 loan expire, 4 undisclosed)
Net Profit: £6,000,000 (extremely inaccurate)

Middlesborough
Sold: 4 £0 (4 free transfers)
Bought: 5 £2,500,000 (3 undisclosed, 1 free)
Net Profit: -£2,500,000 (very inaccurate)

Newcastle United
Sold: 4 £7,000,000 (2 frees, 1 undisclosed)
Bought: 6 £14,700,000 (3 frees)
Net Profit: -£6,300,000 (slightly inaccurate)
Squad Increase :+2

Portsmouth
Sold: 1 £0 (free transfer)
Bought: 5 £6,000,000 (2 undisclosed, 2 frees)
Net Profit: -£6,000,000 (slightly inaccurate)
Squad Increase: +4

Reading
Sold: 4 ??? (2 undisclosed, 1 free, 1 loan)
Bought: 1 ??? (undisclosed)
Squad Increase: -3

Tottenham Hotspur
Sold: 3 ??? (1 free, 2 undisclosed)
Bought: 6 £16,500,000 (1 loan expired, 4 undisclosed)
Net Profit: -£16,500,000 (very inaccurate)
Squad Increase: +3

West Ham United
Sold: 8 £9,500,000 (4 undisclosed, 2 frees)
Bought: 5 £20,600,000 (1 undisclosed, 1 free)
Net Profit: -£11,100,000 (very inaccurate)
Squad Increase: -3

Wigan Athletic
Sold: 4 £2,250,000 (1 undisclosed, 1 free, 1 contract end)
Bought: 6 £5,600,000 (1 undisclosed, 3 frees)
Net Profit: -£3,350,000 (slightly inaccurate)

Sunderland
Sold: 4 ??? (2 undisclosed, 1 loan, 1 loan expired)
Bought: 6 £4,000,000 (3 undisclosed)
Net Profit: -£4,000,000 (very inaccurate)

I think there are two ends of the spectrum, there are clubs that are making wholesale changes like Liverpool, and those who are just swapping out like for like, Everton. The players we let go have been replaced by better players in my opinion. Last season the current squad got us to 6th place, and there are not many around is who have made massive squad increases.

So what was good last year should be good this year. For the league anyway, which is actually the most important competition for us. However, the UEFA factor has to be looked at, and we need to account for the extra games. Are the board holding out to see who we get and hedge our bets? Why spend money on a squad of players when we may not have use for them? I doubt that is true and is only really for the most cynical of fans.

That zero squad increase can also have the recent injuries appended to it, so in actual fact we are down 2 players, plus the loss of Fernandes so we are down 3 players. We may well sign the Swiss guy and we may sign Baines, plus 1 more possibly - a striker maybe.

So now we could be back to the zero squad increase, but I only think we will sign a striker if we sell Beattie. So in essence our squad for the start of the season is at best going to be -1.

So Evertonians have a right to be pissed off at that, and with the lack of comments coming out of the club, its doubly frustrating.

Possible youth promotions are Agard, Vidarsson, Boyle. So that could push us up to +3. These guys are possible because Agard is scoring for fun in the reserves and Moyes has already proved that he likes to play youth, Anichebe and Vaughan are testament to that. Vidarsson has enough experience to step up and be a real squad players, and Boyle was a squad player last season but missed the whole campaign, so a fit Boyle is an addition.

In summary I would like to see more additions, but in reality is it going to happen? Has Moyes left it too late? Will van der Meyde finally get his [Poor language removed] together? I wish I had the answers, what I do know is everyone else is buying and selling, wheeling and dealing and we are just watching re-runs of PR Disaster on Everton TV.

everton announcement : ''we are talking with zlatan ibrahimovic's agent about a move here, but it will be costly and we are already at the limit of our budget. hopefully none of our supporters let slip that we are trying to sign him in case a bigger money offer is tabled by another club. lets all cross our fingers and hope this transfer comes off. on another note, everton are going to kirkby and if you dont like it....well thats up to you. cheers''

it is an informative post and anyone who puts that sort of time in should be told cheers. on my ins and out thread i found how infuriating it was with all the undisclosed fees. they are hardly making it easy for us to chew over the fat!

ok, good show for putting the effort in. im not 100% at this moment and am doing my bestest.

there are no guarantees with signings, sometimes players work well at a club sometimes they dont.

there is still time for everton to make signings, im not getting my nickers in a twist just yet.

ok, good show for putting the effort in. im not 100% at this moment and am doing my bestest.

there are no guarantees with signings, sometimes players work well at a club sometimes they dont.

there is still time for everton to make signings, im not getting my nickers in a twist just yet.

Knickers. ;)

That does make very interesting reading, and some very good points. I think we'd all be pissed if we don't sign at least another 2 players before the start of the season. I'd have tought the squad is lacking in the depth to be competitive in both Europe and the prem, so would like to see 3 or 4 signings - yeah right!!

My concern is that we'll push the youth players up to first team status, and parade them as 'new signings'!

I'm not sure how far we can take the latest rumour - the Lucho one - doesn't sound like our Davey to me, and still haven't heard any more about Baines, the usual suspects all say it's a done deal, but lets wait and see. Time is running out, and the lack of transfer movements everton-bound is starting to be a worry.

My current feelings for the coming season - 7th or 8th, with a so-so UEFA run. Of course I'm prolly way off, time will tell.

That does make very interesting reading, and some very good points. I think we'd all be pissed if we don't sign at least another 2 players before the start of the season. I'd have tought the squad is lacking in the depth to be competitive in both Europe and the prem, so would like to see 3 or 4 signings - yeah right!!

My concern is that we'll push the youth players up to first team status, and parade them as 'new signings'!

I'm not sure how far we can take the latest rumour - the Lucho one - doesn't sound like our Davey to me, and still haven't heard any more about Baines, the usual suspects all say it's a done deal, but lets wait and see. Time is running out, and the lack of transfer movements everton-bound is starting to be a worry.

My current feelings for the coming season - 7th or 8th, with a so-so UEFA run. Of course I'm prolly way off, time will tell.

hi Kiwi, our Irish friend Neiler is on a world sightseeing tour at the moment ( at least i think he is ), any chance he's staying with you at the moment ? ;)

hi Kiwi, our Irish friend Neiler is on a world sightseeing tour at the moment ( at least i think he is ), any chance he's staying with you at the moment ? ;)

He's not shacked up here, although the sheep have been looking very stand-offish lately ... or is Chico about :p

Status
Not open for further replies.