Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even If he only contributes his usual 15-16ish Goal/Assist tally, it will be huge for the club. We need to start taking care of this lower sides away from home, and a player like Zaha may come in handy.

This will probably be our best chance for top 4 with Chelsea’s transfer ban, Arsenal’s lack of talent and United’s... post Ferguson poo poo platter. I’ve coerced myself into supporting this wacko transfer and I feel filthy. I need to take a shower.

Given we appear to have basically given them McCarthy for nothing (3m today when Maguire goes for 80m is nothing) it surely is a sweetener for the Zaha deal.

Expecting him to be announced tomorrow afternoon and on the bench at the weekend.

Surely theres better players out there for these prices...i mean hes not even that good...

Behave

Versatile enough to play anywhere along the front line, he would considerably improve our first 11. Most games he has 2 players closely in and around him. A front three of Zaha, Kean and Richarlison would generate even more time and space for Sigurdsson to be even more effective.

Behave

Versatile enough to play anywhere along the front line, he would considerably improve our first 11. Most games he has 2 players closely in and around him. A front three of Zaha, Kean and Richarlison would generate even more time and space for Sigurdsson to be even more effective.

For that money being talked about? No chance hes that good...

It made some sense when it was players involved but seeing as were selling them mccarthy anyway then unless its a way to remove Bolasie / Tosun / Walcott it just seems ridiculous.

Players like Neres rated at €50mil, others like Havertz at €100mil perhaps...

The deal seems like a massive punt to hit top 4.

Behave

Him having Richarlison, Kean and Siggurdson also being marked and not just him being a sole threat should create a lot of space for Zaha and not be marked out of the game

For that money being talked about? No chance hes that good...

It made some sense when it was players involved but seeing as were selling them mccarthy anyway then unless its a way to remove Bolasie / Tosun / Walcott it just seems ridiculous.

Players like Neres rated at €50mil, others like Havertz at €100mil perhaps...

The deal seems like a massive punt to hit top 4.

You make it sound like there is some kind of division in a player ability. ' Pot 4 is where you'll find players rated at 30M '. This isn't a video game where you can filter and search. That is not how it works.

Zaha is by far Crystal Palace's best player and we can agree that without him, as things currently stand they would be relegated. The price on his head is how Palace value him because of the impact he has for their club.

You make it sound like there is some kind of division in a player ability. ' Pot 4 is where you'll find players rated at 30M '. This isn't a video game where you can filter and search. That is not how it works.

Zaha is by far Crystal Palace's best player and we can agree that without him, as things currently stand they would be relegated. The price on his head is how Palace value him because of the impact he has for their club.

I think theres two different points here:

1 -- There is a division in player ability and potential...its not about 'video games' (btw wtf) but in scouting...

If theres a player in Germany / France / Spain / Brazil then theyre unknown quantities when it comes to the prem.

Zaha is a proven quantity at Palace so surely easier to compare = the willingness to massively overpay for him compared to overseas players who may well be and become far far better.

2 -- The price for Zaha should have been (if the rumours are true) laughed at (as arsenal did) and swerved.

With the Doucoure bid it makes sense to me because he can be a mainstay in CM with Gbamin alongside with both being twin destroyers. He can aid Gbamins transition into the league. This also would make sense as weve lost Gana so switching style to more 433 or at least to release Gylfi / Gomes into more advanced roles with less emphasis on defence.

In the forward spots we already have Bernard and Richarlison as fixtures...seems more logical to aim for a player from overseas at far cheaper cost but higher upside

Just as a comparison, Everton in Brazil is rated at around the same fee before any negotiating...another player Arsenal stepped away from but went for Pepe (who im not a huge fan of) who appears to have a higher upside -- another silly fee though.

I cant see how Neres can be €50mil before negotiating or even Lozano / Bergwijn at €30mil ish when Zaha is massively higher.

It smacks of a top 4 push gamble to me at the price.

I think theres two different points here:

1 -- There is a division in player ability and potential...its not about 'video games' (btw wtf) but in scouting...

If theres a player in Germany / France / Spain / Brazil then theyre unknown quantities when it comes to the prem.

Zaha is a proven quantity at Palace so surely easier to compare = the willingness to massively overpay for him compared to overseas players who may well be and become far far better.

2 -- The price for Zaha should have been (if the rumours are true) laughed at (as arsenal did) and swerved.

With the Doucoure bid it makes sense to me because he can be a mainstay in CM with Gbamin alongside with both being twin destroyers. He can aid Gbamins transition into the league. This also would make sense as weve lost Gana so switching style to more 433 or at least to release Gylfi / Gomes into more advanced roles with less emphasis on defence.

In the forward spots we already have Bernard and Richarlison as fixtures...seems more logical to aim for a player from overseas at far cheaper cost but higher upside

Just as a comparison, Everton in Brazil is rated at around the same fee before any negotiating...another player Arsenal stepped away from but went for Pepe (who im not a huge fan of) who appears to have a higher upside -- another silly fee though.

I cant see how Neres can be €50mil before negotiating or even Lozano / Bergwijn at €30mil ish when Zaha is massively higher.

It smacks of a top 4 push gamble to me at the price.
One thing that never consider in the ‘why don’t we just go for x instead?’ scenarios is that maybe we’ve sounded those players out already and they don’t fancy it, or maybe the manager doesn’t rate them in the same way someone on a football forum does.

FM etc has definitely given the average fan a false impression of these things.

One thing that never consider in the ‘why don’t we just go for x instead?’ scenarios is that maybe we’ve sounded those players out already and they don’t fancy it, or maybe the manager doesn’t rate them in the same way someone on a football forum does.

FM etc has definitely given the average fan a false impression of these things.

If that was the case then why is it in the last week of the window were suddenly putting in large bids for 2 premier league players...

Isnt it obvious were going after proven players in the same league?

Weve got Kean + Richarlison, two of the hottest talents in world football and are paying decent salaries out (potentially) on Doucoure and Zaha.

Is Wilfried Zaha really the best we can get for £65mil+ and £150-200k a week?

Not particularly sure why youre referencing a computer game either ? Just watch Zaha play and make up your mind...

For that kind of expense it adds value to fans calling it a Moshiri statement signing for a player who only 28.5% of votes say he would push us into top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.