Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case then why is it in the last week of the window were suddenly putting in large bids for 2 premier league players...

Isnt it obvious were going after proven players in the same league?

Weve got Kean + Richarlison, two of the hottest talents in world football and are paying decent salaries out (potentially) on Doucoure and Zaha.

Is Wilfried Zaha really the best we can get for £65mil+ and £150-200k a week?

Not particularly sure why youre referencing a computer game either ? Just watch Zaha play and make up your mind...

For that kind of expense it adds value to fans calling it a Moshiri statement signing for a player who only 28.5% of votes say he would push us into top 4.
I’m guessing the reason we are doing so now is that it puts pressure on the selling club, particularly if the players want the move.

In Zaha’s case it’s clear that at first we thought we had no chance because arsenal were in for him. Once they looked elsewhere we had a better chance of getting him.

Maybe someone like neres would have lots of competition too. Maybe we aren’t as confident.

I think Zaha is much more likely to make an impact on the team than neres or Lozano.

Surely theres better players out there for these prices...i mean hes not even that good...
I actually don't think there are that many players better than Zaha that we could realistically get. Anyone else of his apparent price is the reserve of the Champions League clubs & probably wouldn't join us. I do think there could be a player or two out there for half the money though who are almost as good.

If that was the case then why is it in the last week of the window were suddenly putting in large bids for 2 premier league players...

Isnt it obvious were going after proven players in the same league?

Weve got Kean + Richarlison, two of the hottest talents in world football and are paying decent salaries out (potentially) on Doucoure and Zaha.

Is Wilfried Zaha really the best we can get for £65mil+ and £150-200k a week?

Not particularly sure why youre referencing a computer game either ? Just watch Zaha play and make up your mind...

For that kind of expense it adds value to fans calling it a Moshiri statement signing for a player who only 28.5% of votes say he would push us into top 4.

You forgot to mention how we play a totally different type of football to palace, how they sit back deep and counter, and how Zaha’s skill set is highlighted by palaces decent away record, and poor home record.

Then you also forgot to highlight that most teams outside the top 6 set up as the away team even when they’re playing at home, and so therefore it’s reasonable to assume that Zaha’s skill set which has gotten him his one good season, is largely redundant.

Add to that, it’s a ridiculous sum of money for a player who hasn’t achieved anything apart from banging Moyses daughter, and doesn’t have long to change that... being the wrong side of 25.

with the great window we could still have a terrible start. And it could be due to the Gana sized hole in the team. Season really depends on Silva and of he can turn what he has into an effective attacking unit without being bombarded ourselves. We're definetly going to have to go even more offensive. could be exciting. it's good we are playing teams that might not want to attack us to get the practice in early.

I think theres two different points here:

1 -- There is a division in player ability and potential...its not about 'video games' (btw wtf) but in scouting...

If theres a player in Germany / France / Spain / Brazil then theyre unknown quantities when it comes to the prem.

Zaha is a proven quantity at Palace so surely easier to compare = the willingness to massively overpay for him compared to overseas players who may well be and become far far better.

2 -- The price for Zaha should have been (if the rumours are true) laughed at (as arsenal did) and swerved.

With the Doucoure bid it makes sense to me because he can be a mainstay in CM with Gbamin alongside with both being twin destroyers. He can aid Gbamins transition into the league. This also would make sense as weve lost Gana so switching style to more 433 or at least to release Gylfi / Gomes into more advanced roles with less emphasis on defence.

In the forward spots we already have Bernard and Richarlison as fixtures...seems more logical to aim for a player from overseas at far cheaper cost but higher upside

Just as a comparison, Everton in Brazil is rated at around the same fee before any negotiating...another player Arsenal stepped away from but went for Pepe (who im not a huge fan of) who appears to have a higher upside -- another silly fee though.

I cant see how Neres can be €50mil before negotiating or even Lozano / Bergwijn at €30mil ish when Zaha is massively higher.

It smacks of a top 4 push gamble to me at the price.

1.... And again you're making out that a team has X amount of money and uses a filter and search option to look at what is available.

2.... Arsenal did not ' swerve ' the player because Palace asked for the amount that was rumoured.

Palace without Zaha are pretty much a relegated club as things stand with their current squad. With him they'll likely push mid table. Zaha would easily massively improve our first 11; this shouldn't even be a debate.

Everton Soares is rated at X amount but again you need to do your research as to why Arsenal walked away from that deal. It wasn't as simple as you make it out to be where Arsenal pay that X amount and everything is signed and sealed.

The more i see your posts related to player value, the more i think you've been playing wayyyyy too much footy manager games.

Wow, people are really still clutching at this. This isnt happening at all, its just newspaper talk recycling the same bid over and over. There is no credible source saying we want his still, and we definitely haven’t got £70m to spend on him.

Cheers, Esk.

Close thread, the oracle has spoken.

Dortmund bought Julian Brandt for £22m

I know who I would prefer regardless of cost.

Precisely.

1.... And again you're making out that a team has X amount of money and uses a filter and search option to look at what is available.

2.... Arsenal did not ' swerve ' the player because Palace asked for the amount that was rumoured.

Palace without Zaha are pretty much a relegated club as things stand with their current squad. With him they'll likely push mid table. Zaha would easily massively improve our first 11; this shouldn't even be a debate.

Everton Soares is rated at X amount but again you need to do your research as to why Arsenal walked away from that deal. It wasn't as simple as you make it out to be where Arsenal pay that X amount and everything is signed and sealed.

The more i see your posts related to player value, the more i think you've been playing wayyyyy too much footy manager games.

1 -- Of course teams filter out certain players for numerous reasons...including wages / fees etc etc not to even touch on ABILITY and whether they fit into the STYLE of the team or the mentality.

You really dont think theres huge amounts of research done lol

2 -- Basically EVERY media source reported that Arsenal were unwilling to pay the fee Palace were asking...checked on EVERTON and then moved onto Pepe.

Not sure where your sudden 'inside info' comes from which disagrees with the media?

Share some links or some of your sources which go against the media or indeed anyone whose posted about the deals.

As for computer game comments...again, youre not making sense at all.

You should realise that clubs have values they put on players and the payment terms for transfers and wages...media rights and agent fees...FX hedging costs if from overseas etc etc

Youre super simplifing things...£65mil (minimum) + agent fees + bonuses + media rights etc and then £150-200k salary...

If you think that represents VALUE and you really believe ZAHA is a top class player then thats your opinion.

Certainly not mine lol

You forgot to mention how we play a totally different type of football to palace, how they sit back deep and counter, and how Zaha’s skill set is highlighted by palaces decent away record, and poor home record.

Then you also forgot to highlight that most teams outside the top 6 set up as the away team even when they’re playing at home, and so therefore it’s reasonable to assume that Zaha’s skill set which has gotten him his one good season, is largely redundant.

Add to that, it’s a ridiculous sum of money for a player who hasn’t achieved anything apart from banging Moyses daughter, and doesn’t have long to change that... being the wrong side of 25.

Amazing.

We literally have Evertonian's turning their noses up at Wilfred Zaha lollollol

Forget about the price he would cost as its completely irrelevant. Ability wise he walks into our first 11. In fact he walks into every single first 11 in the premier league except City and Liverpool.

Amazing.

We literally have Evertonian's turning their noses up at Wilfred Zaha lollollol

Forget about the price he would cost as its completely irrelevant. Ability wise he walks into our first 11. In fact he walks into every single first 11 in the premier league except City and Liverpool.

I’m turning my nose up at what we’re rumoured to be paying for him. It’s not difficult mate.

And no I won’t ‘forget the price’. I give one about Everton and prices we pay and FFP and all that. The same way that if my mate wanted to buy an Audi and was quoted 100k to buy it, I’d not want him to as it’s terrible value, even though it’s ‘not my money’.

Ability wise I disagree he walks into the team. How are his stats when palace were at home? That’s what you should be looking at, as that’s how teams will set up for about 25 games of our season.

Precisely.

1 -- Of course teams filter out certain players for numerous reasons...including wages / fees etc etc not to even touch on ABILITY and whether they fit into the STYLE of the team or the mentality.

You really dont think theres huge amounts of research done lol

2 -- Basically EVERY media source reported that Arsenal were unwilling to pay the fee Palace were asking...checked on EVERTON and then moved onto Pepe.

Not sure where your sudden 'inside info' comes from which disagrees with the media?

Share some links or some of your sources which go against the media or indeed anyone whose posted about the deals.

As for computer game comments...again, youre not making sense at all.

You should realise that clubs have values they put on players and the payment terms for transfers and wages...media rights and agent fees...FX hedging costs if from overseas etc etc

Youre super simplifing things...£65mil (minimum) + agent fees + bonuses + media rights etc and then £150-200k salary...

If you think that represents VALUE and you really believe ZAHA is a top class player then thats your opinion.

Certainly not mine lol

The only person not making sense here is you Zat. Saying that he isn't good enough for the money rumoured Palace want for him earlier and saying players are cheaper aboard and far far better.

The only person not making sense here is you Zat. Saying that he isn't good enough for the money rumoured Palace want for him earlier and saying players are cheaper aboard and far far better.

Question - do you think we could get Timo Werner for that money? Do you think he’s better than Zaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.