Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People moan when we don't spend.

When we do spend people moan we've overspent.

You don't get no trophies handed out for best value business in the transfer market.

The teams who get all the perceived value buys don't tend to be teams who do anything on the pitch.

As long as we don't get into financial difficulties or break any rules, then the money is largely irrelevant to me, unless it inhibits us signing other targets too.

The key point with the money is what we do with it. Take bolasie for example. We paid hugely over the odds. But if he'd been a top player would anyone have cared? The problem was he ultimately wasn't good enough to play for Everton.

I think zaha is more than good enough. So I am content either if we throw a crazy sum at palace to do the deal or if we decide it's just too much. I'll back either decision because both have merit and I don't know the financial situation.
We spent big in the past and people were right to question it because it was on obvious bang average, limited players. Zaha does not fit into that category.

We have to get him in now; it's a matter of credibility. I know there's shades of the Sigurdsson negotiations here and the feeling we need to walk away, but it's different for me: Zaha has his best years ahead and his resale will be break even. That never applied to Sigurdsson. And Zaha is the one who'd make everything around him come to life.

A sensational player. We need him in. We need to win this struggle whatever it takes.

I'd agree with your reasoning on his worth to Palace, but if you include McCarthy, the valuation of £80m is reached more or less.

I think in similar circumstances, they would accept the same bid from a top six club. The old argument about not standing in the way of a big opportunity for a player. You have the same with Watford, we're not selling him to Everton unless we can rinse them, they're just mid-table with pretensions, we can't justify it.

I don;'t think it will happen, Palace can't replace and they haven't time to figure out even what to do with that cash by tomorrow.

Said this all along, there’s going to be some glum
People on here and myself! (even tho we’ve had a good window) when he doesn’t sign by the end of tomorrow.

I'd agree with your reasoning on his worth to Palace, but if you include McCarthy, the valuation of £80m is reached more or less.

I think in similar circumstances, they would accept the same bid from a top six club. The old argument about not standing in the way of a big opportunity for a player. You have the same with Watford, we're not selling him to Everton unless we can rinse them, they're just mid-table with pretensions, we can't justify it.

I don't think it will happen, Palace can't replace him and they haven't time to figure out even what to do with that cash by tomorrow.
Do you cash in now on your prized asset and accept relegation or keep an unhappy player who isn’t going to be committed and could end up being relegated anyway.

We spent big in the past and people were right to question it because it was on obvious bang average, limited players. Zaha does not fit into that category.

We have to get him in now; it's a matter of credibility. I know there's sahdes of the Sigurdsson negotiations here and the feeling we need to walk away, but it's different for me: Zaha has his best years ahead and his resale will be break even. That never applied to Siggurdson. And Zaha is the one who'd make everything around him come to life.

A sensational player. We need him in. We need to win this struggle whatever it takes.

Yessssss Dave, you know the score fella!

It's okay saying just pay the fee who cares but I'm pretty sure we did that a few years ago and we're still lumbered with half of them and the others we took huge losses on. Everyone's been moaning about them deals since so don't try and give it the nea act

Are we really going to spend
80m on Zaha
40m on Doucoure
30/40m on a CB
If we go balls deep for the first two then it’s either Tomori or Umtiti on loan
If we go all in for all 3 then the dots have joined up @roydo

Just as excited about how much space it will give richarlison if we we igned Zaha.

Both get doubled up on so this would improve our attack massively

True but that could also go the other way and palace might just be the perfect fit for him and he might struggle in other teams/set ups

Of course, any transfer is a gamble.
I thought Mane would be superb (sadly proven right)
I though Salah would be rubbish (sadly proven wrong)

Have to hope our squad building is as thorough. We appear to be on the right these past 12 months.

Agree with some on here. We can't moan about the fee, it is irrelevant. Do you think successful businessman like Moshiri and Usmanov would be throwing money at this new stadium if they couldn't afford 80m quid?

Forget about the fee, it doesn't matter. What matters is we get him. It matters that we signal to fans, sponsors staff, players, academy players that we are serious about challenging. This signing is a statement of intent if it comes off.

Zaha's stats don't look great on the face of it but he largely plays on his own. With Richarlison taking defenders, HOPEFULLY kean will prove to be dangerous. Sigurdsson and Bernard sliding clever balls through for them, we will be dangerous to all sides we play.

Palace aren't going to budge from 80m. We need to either pay it or go all out for someone else and quickly.

Of course, any transfer is a gamble.
I thought Mane would be superb (sadly proven right)
I though Salah would be rubbish (sadly proven wrong)

Have to hope our squad building is as thorough. We appear to be on the right these past 12 months.
Tbh If we sign him I fully trust brands judgment, and I reckon he will get it done for much lower than what's being reported like the moise deal which was way less than everyone was reporting

We have to get him in now; it's a matter of credibility. I know there's shades of the Sigurdsson negotiations here and the feeling we need to walk away, but it's different for me: Zaha has his best years ahead and his resale will be break even. That never applied to Sigurdsson. And Zaha is the one who'd make everything around him come to life.

I have to agree with Dave feel this would be massive for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.