Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that with just over 24 hours till transfer deadline we are over bidding for Zaha and its getting rejected anyway , Signing a winger was probably the easiest task as there is an abundance of good wingers available unlike CBs RBs or Strikers , we have been linked to Neres , Malcom , Lozano , Under which would all have costed half the sum Palace want for Zaha , also if we want to sign Zaha at all costs why did we leave it so late since Palace are not desperate to sell and we wont be getting a better deal ?

He looked odds on to sign for Arsenal until they got Pepe

Because he went to united. They also paid 50m for a lad whose never played in a full international. But the press will twist it as ole’s revolution taking shape. If we get zaha, I guarantee it will be they’ve overpaid, he’s got no ambition (no champions league football) which United can’t offer anyway.

Yesh the same with rich and who laughing now

People moan when we don't spend.

When we do spend people moan we've overspent.

You don't get no trophies handed out for best value business in the transfer market.

The teams who get all the perceived value buys don't tend to be teams who do anything on the pitch.

As long as we don't get into financial difficulties or break any rules, then the money is largely irrelevant to me, unless it inhibits us signing other targets too.

The key point with the money is what we do with it. Take bolasie for example. We paid hugely over the odds. But if he'd been a top player would anyone have cared? The problem was he ultimately wasn't good enough to play for Everton.

I think zaha is more than good enough. So I am content either if we throw a crazy sum at palace to do the deal or if we decide it's just too much. I'll back either decision because both have merit and I don't know the financial situation.

If forums existed in the old days, people would have been moaning about the money we spent on people like latchford. Why are we spending that on someone who plays for Birmingham?

Love this me

For decades we’ve kicked and moaned about not spending money on players, signing has beens, players well past their best in their 30’s.

We have one decent window and all of a sudden one of the best wingers in the prem, going into his prime years isn’t good enough and we shouldn’t be spending.

Moaners will moan. Part of me is convinced we have Evertonians who don’t want us to go to the next level because they’ll have nothing to moan about.

You have to look at Zaha's £80 million price tag from the perspective of his value to Palace, rather than what he's worth as a footballer. He's irreplaceable for them and they are much more likely to be fighting relegation without him. If they do get relegated it will cost them a lot more than that.

A lot of us were saying the same thing about Sigurdsson when we spent £45 million on him, but it was his value to Swansea that pushed the price up, and they still ended up getting relegated anyway.

I think it's looking more likely to happen than not, and I also think Zaha will be even more effective for us than he's been for Palace. When he plays for Palace, teams double up on him because they know he's the main threat, but if he played for us they wouldn't be able to do that because, with Kean and Richarlison alongside him, we'd have some forward line. Mouthwatering stuff!

I'd agree with your reasoning on his worth to Palace, but if you include McCarthy, the valuation of £80m is reached more or less.

I think in similar circumstances, they would accept the same bid from a top six club. The old argument about not standing in the way of a big opportunity for a player. You have the same with Watford, we're not selling him to Everton unless we can rinse them, they're just mid-table with pretensions, we can't justify it.

I don't think it will happen, Palace can't replace him and they haven't time to figure out even what to do with that cash by tomorrow.

People moan when we don't spend.

When we do spend people moan we've overspent.

You don't get no trophies handed out for best value business in the transfer market.

The teams who get all the perceived value buys don't tend to be teams who do anything on the pitch.

As long as we don't get into financial difficulties or break any rules, then the money is largely irrelevant to me, unless it inhibits us signing other targets too.

The key point with the money is what we do with it. Take bolasie for example. We paid hugely over the odds. But if he'd been a top player would anyone have cared? The problem was he ultimately wasn't good enough to play for Everton.

I think zaha is more than good enough. So I am content either if we throw a crazy sum at palace to do the deal or if we decide it's just too much. I'll back either decision because both have merit and I don't know the financial situation.
I happen to think we’ve done well this window.
Gomes 22m (was expecting to pay 25-30m)
Kean 27.5m (was expecting to pay over 30m)
Gbmain 25m (what I thought we’d have to pay)
Delph 8m (no idea what he’s worth but to get an England international from the champions for this amount, means we haven’t exactly overspent.

Status
Not open for further replies.