Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
65 million pounds for a guy who's never topped ten goals in the Prem seems more than a little excessive. For perspective, this is a player whose career Prem tally is six better than Lukaku's best season.

I get that you have to pay the homegrown premium somewhere in the lineup, but striker doesn't seem like the place to me.

Have to give Brands the benefit of the doubt until he boots one, though. He's earned it so far.

He wouldn't, which is why none of those three have shown any interest in buying him (yes I know Chelsea have a transfer ban, but we all know that if there was any interest on their part then a deal would be made in principle).

He's substantially overvalued by Palace.

Yeah because it's not like some kid from Swansea has just walked into the United side. Or some American who has scored a combined 11 goals in the German leauge in the past 3 seasons has just walked into the Chelsea side is it. Or lucus moura who has worse stats in the premier league then zaha plays for spurs.

I agree he is overvalued by palace but so are all players now a days. The only sides in the premier league zaha isn't a first team player for me is city and the rs.

65 million pounds for a guy who's never topped ten goals in the Prem seems more than a little excessive. For perspective, this is a player whose career Prem tally is six better than Lukaku's best season.

I get that you have to pay the homegrown premium somewhere in the lineup, but striker doesn't seem like the place to me.

Have to give Brands the benefit of the doubt until he boots one, though. He's earned it so far.

Zaha is not a striker like Lukaku. He is essentially an attacking midfielder that plays the wing. He is very good in that role. His Crystal Palace numbers have been hurt by the fact that he has been the most dangerous scoring option most of the time so teams scheme to get him off the ball. It seems that at Everton he will have a far better surrounding cast to give him space. Is he worth the steep price? Hard to say but at least he is very good and it is not like there are great strikers available that Everton is ignoring to focus on Zaha. With Kean and Richarlison, the front line will be uber athletic which should be fun in the right set.

Erm, he is not a striker.

Just read he is on 130k a week at Palace. Is he thinking around the 200k do you think? Anything north of 150k would be seriously steep & it would set a tone in the squad of well if he's getting that then i want this. In Brands i trust but that's an awful lot of wages. Makes me annoyed by the whole Sandro thing even more.

Zaha--------------Rich
-----------Kean---------
--Delph----------Sig--
-------------?-----------
LD----?-------?----SC

The quality of play coming from that would be ridiculous.

I know I put swerve he is an overrated turd in the poll but that is because I never realistically thought we would be in with a chance of signing him. I'd take him every day of the week, improves us and will help close the gap on the sides we are chasing.

Yes it is a ridiculous amount of money but we the fans aren't paying it and you have to trust those that are involved in the financial side of things that it is manageable.

What about 442: Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Mina, Digne; Zaha, Gbamin, Gomes, Bernard; Richarlison, Kean.

I'd like to include Sigurdsson though, so that'd mean dropping Bernard to go back to 4-2-3-1, with Richarlison on the left and Sig in the middle.

Don't think we could drop Gbamin for Sigurdsson as he doesn't play the deeper role, and Gbamin is clearly going to be played more often than Delph otherwise he wouldn't have joined.

He wouldn't, which is why none of those three have shown any interest in buying him (yes I know Chelsea have a transfer ban, but we all know that if there was any interest on their part then a deal would be made in principle).

He's substantially overvalued by Palace.
Have Chelsea agreed in principle for anyone this window? Spurs did show interest.

Yes he would. He’s currently better than Pulisic and Pedro at Chelsea who will likely start the season for them. He’s better than Rashford and Lingard. He’s better than Dele Alli.

Zaha is not a striker like Lukaku. He is essentially an attacking midfielder that plays the wing. He is very good in that role. His Crystal Palace numbers have been hurt by the fact that he has been the most dangerous scoring option most of the time so teams scheme to get him off the ball. It seems that at Everton he will have a far better surrounding cast to give him space. Is he worth the steep price? Hard to say but at least he is very good and it is not like there are great strikers available that Everton is ignoring to focus on Zaha. With Kean and Richarlison, the front line will be uber athletic which should be fun in the right set.

So basically he will make us better. I'm all for that. If it doesn't cripple us and we have to throw around then I don't mind. I think it gives us a lot of powerful options to unlock defenses. a problem we had for most of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.