Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agitating for to a CL club for the last 2 years and nobody will touch him. He showed what he was in that cup final, a Sunday league Yaya Toure. Don’t want to hear “oh it’s Watford playing city” excuse; a top player steps above and stands out. He stood out, for being the worst person on the pitch for a team that conceded 6

As for Zaha, he is what he is. He’ll add pace and a bit of excitement for sure, but he’s not this world class player people make him out to be. And he’s certainly not worth anything close to £65m, he might win us a few points. But he certainly won’t be adding something that a £20m punt from Europe couldn’t. The only benefit is that he’s played in England so is adapt to the league, but that’s a £30m premium we’re paying.
Spot on about Zaha mate, exactly my thoughts. He will frustrate and excite at times i believe he will frustrate more, i would love to be proved wrong if we get him. I'm sure Brands has a back up plan or maybe Zaha is the back up plan? He might pull a belter out the hat in the next couple of days, and to be honest i wouldnt be surprised if he does.

Me too, but these latest articles are saying 65m cash plus two players

Your right it's far too much, high transfer fee, plus two players.
But it's two players who aren't going to be playing for us any time soon and that financially, strangely enough works in our favour. Two highish earners off the payroll, clever really.

Me too, but these latest articles are saying 65m cash plus two players
Blimey. That's a HUGE fee, putting immense pressure on the player to deliver both immediately and for the duration of the season. It also opens up Brands and his recruitment team to immense criticism if there isn't a strong return on the investment straight away - you'd want twelve to fifteen goals and just as many assists in the first season for that money.

Any possibility it's a deal valued at a total of £65m, made up of cash plus two players? *prays

Agitating for to a CL club for the last 2 years and nobody will touch him. He showed what he was in that cup final, a Sunday league Yaya Toure. Don’t want to hear “oh it’s Watford playing city” excuse; a top player steps above and stands out. He stood out, for being the worst person on the pitch for a team that conceded 6

As for Zaha, he is what he is. He’ll add pace and a bit of excitement for sure, but he’s not this world class player people make him out to be. And he’s certainly not worth anything close to £65m, he might win us a few points. But he certainly won’t be adding something that a £20m punt from Europe couldn’t. The only benefit is that he’s played in England so is adapt to the league, but that’s a £30m premium we’re paying.

So totally dismissing a very good cm who got 5 goals and 6 assists last season and 7 goals and 4 assists the season before on one game?

Zaha got 10 goals and 5 assists last season as well as winning 5 penalties but he'll only win us a few points? Palace fans are worried they'll go down without him. Who can you get for Europe who'll have the same impact for 20m? Bloody no one that's who. Arsenal have just spent 75m on that pepe after one good season in a farmer's leauge. That brazlilian everton kid is going for about 40m and he's done sweet fa until the copa America, he's still in Brazil at 24.

If we got these two in that would be a potential 26+ goal improvement to the team and you think that's not good enough?

He’s phenomenal and he’d walk into Chelsea, United or Spur’s teams. If we want to be eating at the same table as them Zaha is the kind of player we want.
He wouldn't, which is why none of those three have shown any interest in buying him (yes I know Chelsea have a transfer ban, but we all know that if there was any interest on their part then a deal would be made in principle).

He's substantially overvalued by Palace.

Blimey. That's a HUGE fee, putting immense pressure on the player to deliver both immediately and for the duration of the season. It also opens up Brands and his recruitment team to immense criticism if there isn't a strong return on the investment straight away - you'd want twelve to fifteen goals and just as many assists in the first season for that money.

Any possibility it's a deal valued at a total of £65m, made up of cash plus two players? *prays
Not according to tonight's papers, although the independent from earlier just said a flat 65 with no players.

He wouldn't, which is why none of those three have shown any interest in buying him (yes I know Chelsea have a transfer ban, but we all know that if there was any interest on their part then a deal would be made in principle).

He really, really would. United have literally no one decent in RW, Chelsea have Willian who had a poor season last season and isn’t getting any younger, Pedro (similar situation) Hudson-Odoi who will be immense, but will have a tough season coming back from the injury he sustained late last season and Pulisic who was behind both Sancho and Brunn-Larsen when Chelsea bought him. Then Spurs basically play Alli out of position as a winger, but you’d assume with them losing Eriksen they’ll be playing him back in his favourite position in attacking mid, leaving them with no real left winger.

Spurs he might get into but they have Son who fills a similar role as to what Zaha would. I think Son is better but I don't think Zaha is a million miles away.

Chelsea have Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi who are both potentially better but have barely played in the league so there's a lot for them to prove. Willian and Pedro are both on the downside of their careers. Willian is probably a better creator and Zaha a better goal scorer but even that isn't definitive because Zaha has had so little to work with and Willian is linking up with the likes of Hazard.

United have no idea what they're doing but to say he would definitely not play over Martial, Rashford, James or whoever else they have in their plans for the wings is a stretch. I don't know that Zaha puts us in the conversation with the teams above us on his own but he will get us closer.

He’s phenomenal and he’d walk into Chelsea, United or Spur’s teams. If we want to be eating at the same table as them Zaha is the kind of player we want.

100% agree with you on that one. Yes he can be frustrating but he's a game changer. He will undoubtedly be our best player if he signs and with kean and richarlison to partner him I will be literally buzzing for the new season

McCarthy isn't worth anywhere near 8 million given his contract status and injury record. The fact that Palace are the only club to make a fake bid that has yet to lead anywhere does suggest that the club's have been talking to each other however, and that hopefully he may form part of the Zaha deal.

The deal could be described as a 72 million pound deal if everyone is going to pretend that McCarthy is worth 8 million.

I don't believe we paid 27 million for Tosun either, but if he was to be given a realistic value of about 15 million, then Palace could try and convince themselves that they have actually received over 80 million pound for Zaha, and it may make the deal a bit more palatable to their fans.

I want to sign players now just to prove that statement false.

Jesus, so we shouldn't sign boss players because of income projections.

Football is a working class game, the simpler the better for me, less really is more for me.

Reading into FFP regulation and compliance, judging the clubs profit and loss has made it all a bit silly. Each to their own like.

McCarthy isn't worth anywhere near 8 million given his contract status and injury record. The fact that Palace are the only club to make a fake bid that has yet to lead anywhere does suggest that the club's have been talking to each other however, and that hopefully he may form part of the Zaha deal.

The deal could be described as a 72 million pound deal if everyone is going to pretend that McCarthy is worth 8 million.

I don't believe we paid 27 million for Tosun either, but if he was to be given a realistic value of about 15 million, then Palace could try and convince themselves that they have actually received over 80 million pound for Zaha, and it may make the deal a bit more palatable to their fans.

You would be correct, we barely paid £20 million for Tosun.

Status
Not open for further replies.