Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually think it was the sirens that made people up for the game last Sunday? You all realise that we could of kept things exactly the same as normal with the walk on and Goodison would still of been bouncing. I never even noticed the sirens at the match frankly.

Do i think it's a cool addition? Yeah sure, but I also think that some people are massively overhyping it's importance. If anyone seriously thinks that playing those sirens prior to a game againt say Huddesfiled with make a difference in terms of the atmosphere then you're deluding yourselves. Yes I know that speaks to the modern culture of football but it's the truth.

I stand by what I've been saying for a number of years, a singing section is the way forward. We've got more then enough people at the match every week who try and get chants and sing going or just generally improve the atmosphere but they're all dotted around various stands and surrounded by others who are unwilling to participate. Once you get a single section going properly then most of Goodison will follow. That's a real solution, pretending that playing sirens prior to Z cars will change anything, is not.

Everyone just think it adds to Z-cars for the big games. As you say, it's not something that's going to transform the atmosphere for your typical game but it is brilliant for the noise levels when we play the likes of Liverpool.

Does anyone actually think it was the sirens that made people up for the game last Sunday? You all realise that we could of kept things exactly the same as normal with the walk on and Goodison would still of been bouncing. I never even noticed the sirens at the match frankly.

Do i think it's a cool addition? Yeah sure, but I also think that some people are massively overhyping it's importance. If anyone seriously thinks that playing those sirens prior to a game againt say Huddesfiled with make a difference in terms of the atmosphere then you're deluding yourselves. Yes I know that speaks to the modern culture of football but it's the truth.

I stand by what I've been saying for a number of years, a singing section is the way forward. We've got more then enough people at the match every week who try and get chants and sing going or just generally improve the atmosphere but they're all dotted around various stands and surrounded by others who are unwilling to participate. Once you get a single section going properly then most of Goodison will follow. That's a real solution, pretending that playing sirens prior to Z cars will change anything, is not.

110% this.

Its also sad how Silva is latching onto the fans to try do his job for him.

Haven't had time to read through the posts so it may have already been said.
But why should it be about who we play?
Why can't it be about what where about?

Which brings it to being played at every home match or something else.
I don't agree with every match because it would just feel too corporatised and contrived.
Its not something you want being rolled out after 5 match losing streak.

Wouldn't it be better being part of a dialogue between fans and players?
So every time the team wins the preceding match (whether that be away or home) they greeted with the siren/zcars coming out.
Its a salute to them and call to do battle, to win again.
It would be unique, it would be everton.

Every game without fail. We need something to bring the whole stadium together at that single moment the players walk out the tunnel. The polite applause and a bit of clapping / cheering are nothing compared to Sunday. For an idea of how to get a ground jumping as the players walk out , search for besiktas fans on your search engine.

Besiktas fans are awesome. Their ground literally shakes with the bedlam prematch.

Would love to see " the old lady" rocking like that every home game.

Genuinely amazed that some people seem to think we're all going to be sat there before the Burnley game dead quiet, wondering whether we're going to be holding on to 9th place or maybe sneak 8th, and then all absolutely erupt because an air raid siren plays over the tannoy. Absolutely incredible lack of understanding being shown here.

And that just about sums the level of support we have.

Since time and emo-rial people entering a stadium have sang, cheered, shouted and booed, in expectation of being entertained.

Since Roman times crowds have gathered in great numbers to be entertained , great gladiators have fought to the death in front of thousands of baying screaming fans.

I look across the park and see '' that place" 5 mins before kick off and hang my head in shame.

Then we have Goodison at 3pm on a Saturday, people sat with their heads in their hands in expectation.

Iam currently watching Brighton v Palace, Palace at home are 1 down, yet their 2 ultra's haven't stopped singing and flag waving all through the first half.

Our away support is fantastic, i for one would love Goodison to be rocking for EVERY home game , regarding of the opposition.

Play it.

Every home game.

We have the fans to make Goodison the loudest stadium in the country.

We proved last weekend we can do it, so lets do it every home game, not just against the chosen few.

If we use it every game then I give it 4-5 weeks before it stops being special, at which point it will just be part of the regular match day experience and won't have the same effect anymore

It worked for the Derby because we were already jazzed and it pushed it to a new level

If we're playing someone like Brighton at home in a game with no real stakes, do we really need to have sirens blaring?

Some will say yes, but for me I think the siren would be put to better use as something that happens every now and then when the need calls for it

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if it happened every day, it'd just become the norm

Which is why we generally do not perform in these type of games.

Distinct lack of atmosphere in these type of home games sums up the reason why we need to jolt our fanbase in building an atmosphere pre kick off.

We turn up , give a quick rendition of GOT, cheer Z Cars and then sit down in total silence, ( apart from a resounding booooooo at the first miss placed pass).

and we then slag the players off for not performing.

A bouncing stadium all cheering on our players would do wonders for their confidence week in week out, rather than playing in front of 38,000 silent faces.

And that just about sums the level of support we have.

Since time and emo-rial people entering a stadium have sang, cheered, shouted and booed, in expectation of being entertained.

Since Roman times crowds have gathered in great numbers to be entertained , great gladiators have fought to the death in front of thousands of baying screaming fans.

I look across the park and see '' that place" 5 mins before kick off and hang my head in shame.

Then we have Goodison at 3pm on a Saturday, people sat with their heads in their hands in expectation.

Iam currently watching Brighton v Palace, Palace at home are 1 down, yet their 2 ultra's haven't stopped singing and flag waving all through the first half.

Our away support is fantastic, i for one would love Goodison to be rocking for EVERY home game , regarding of the opposition.

Play it.

Every home game.

We have the fans to make Goodison the loudest stadium in the country.

We proved last weekend we can do it, so lets do it every home game, not just against the chosen few.
I’m currently in Mainz where I’ve just stood in with their ultras who sang and danced for 90 minutes non stop. They lost 1-0 and didn’t have a shot. Almost as if the quality you have on the pitch is more important than how much sooperbloos like you blow on your vuvuzelas and wave your half and half scarves round your head.

I’m currently in Mainz where I’ve just stood in with their ultras who sang and danced for 90 minutes non stop. They lost 1-0 and didn’t have a shot. Almost as if the quality you have on the pitch is more important than how much sooperbloos like you blow on your vuvuzelas and wave your half and half scarves round your head.
Sing when we're winning, we only sing when we're winning?

I am now convinced the sirens put the heebie-jeebies up the opposition and it causes us to win with a clean sheet every time, apart from against Liverpool, of course.

Next thing would be to have it blaring out in the tunnel too so the players can really feel it!

I am now convinced the sirens put the heebie-jeebies up the opposition and it causes us to win with a clean sheet every time, apart from against Liverpool, of course.

Next thing would be to have it blaring out in the tunnel too so the players can really feel it!
we need to take the sirens to away grounds then lol

Status
Not open for further replies.