Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on their website and looking at the top menu gives a strong clue.

No brainer there, their always going to get more clicks/web traffic from kopites/arm chair fans

Taking off the blue tinted glasses, there rarwly if ever negative about the club, and have failed to question the coub/board on numerous issues over the years, Destination Kirkby being probably the biggest issue they ignored the fanbase and backed the club completely on.

I can see your point, but do we get bored of Z cars? Perhaps it could be that when the club sense it is not having the effect it used to, they can just randomly leave it out and start with the drums instead. That then may seem new and exciting?
Well if we're not bored of Z-Cars, why do we need the sirens? That's the point, we might not be bored of it, but the argument is that it is no longer enough to excite people by itself because it's just part of the routine. By making the sirens a weekly thing it becomes part of the routine too, and we need something else to add to it, rinse and repeat.

Again, I don't really have any issue with us doing it every week, I just think it could be a useful thing to have up our sleeve for occasional use and so it'd be slightly disappointing to see it diluted immediately. It's the audio equivalent of playing Lukaku out wide for me. Worked brilliantly once, could have been used to great effect again, but instead became a default and therefore lost its edge.

Does anyone actually think it was the sirens that made people up for the game last Sunday? You all realise that we could of kept things exactly the same as normal with the walk on and Goodison would still of been bouncing. I never even noticed the sirens at the match frankly.

Do i think it's a cool addition? Yeah sure, but I also think that some people are massively overhyping it's importance. If anyone seriously thinks that playing those sirens prior to a game againt say Huddesfiled with make a difference in terms of the atmosphere then you're deluding yourselves. Yes I know that speaks to the modern culture of football but it's the truth.

I stand by what I've been saying for a number of years, a singing section is the way forward. We've got more then enough people at the match every week who try and get chants and sing going or just generally improve the atmosphere but they're all dotted around various stands and surrounded by others who are unwilling to participate. Once you get a single section going properly then most of Goodison will follow. That's a real solution, pretending that playing sirens prior to Z cars will change anything, is not.

I say give it a go, the end of season run is made up of 'top 6' teams anyway. If it gives the crowd an extra boost then why not? If anything, it can spur on the team in the tunnel before z cars kicks in, and let the opposition know they're in for a scrap, not the usual stroll!

Living in Cairns Aus, can only comment on the videos but atmosphere looked amazing. Made me want to move back home!

I say keep it for the big games it possibly gave the crowd that extra lift, but more than that it may if we use it for the big games unsettle the opposition when they hear it knowing that we are going out there with a dog's of war mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.