Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Burnley game will be the big test to see if the sirens work against the smaller sides as much as they do for the bigger ones

A nothing game on a Friday Night against a team who are hardly box office

Either the sirens will prove that they can jazz the crowd for every game or we'll see that they ultimately just enhance an already piqued atmosphere in a match with a big team

The Burnley game will be the big test to see if the sirens work against the smaller sides as much as they do for the bigger ones

A nothing game on a Friday Night against a team who are hardly box office

Either the sirens will prove that they can jazz the crowd for every game or we'll see that they ultimately just enhance an already piqued atmosphere in a match with a big team
Friday night, last home game of the season, bank holiday weekend. I'd expect a pretty decent atmosphere for that anyway to be honest. The test is whether it will make any difference for a bog standard 3pm kick off in October. My guess is it won't, but it's been fun for these games regardless.

Friday night, last home game of the season, bank holiday weekend. I'd expect a pretty decent atmosphere for that anyway to be honest. The test is whether it will make any difference for a bog standard 3pm kick off in October. My guess is it won't, but it's been fun for these games regardless.

I'm both happy we introduced the sirens and kind of sad as well, because they've opened up a can of worms

Do we keep them forever, when we probably know it's going to mean that by a certain point next season they'll stop having the desired effect because they'll no longer be new and exciting, or do we make the decision to pull them and use them only for big occasions, which will only ram home how a game doesn't really matter quite as much when they aren't used?

I kind of wish they'd been just a one time thing, so they could have remained part of our collective memories as an amazing one off moment, rather than the slow death they'll probably now face. Instead of being "remember that one time we had sirens and it was boss?" I fear it's going to be "Remember when we had sirens and it was great for a while, but then they played them every game and by the time we played them against Norwich no one really bothered and it was just never the same?"

Hopefully I'm wrong and they maintain their luster

I'm both happy we introduced the sirens and kind of sad as well, because they've opened up a can of worms

Do we keep them forever, when we probably know it's going to mean that by a certain point next season they'll stop having the desired effect because they'll no longer be new and exciting, or do we make the decision to pull them and use them only for big occasions, which will only ram home how a game doesn't really matter quite as much when they aren't used?

I kind of wish they'd been just a one time thing, so they could have remained part of our collective memories as an amazing one off moment, rather than the slow death they'll probably now face. Instead of being "remember that one time we had sirens and it was boss?" I fear it's going to be "Remember when we had sirens and it was great for a while, but then they played them every game and by the time we played them against Norwich no one really bothered and it was just never the same?"

Hopefully I'm wrong and they maintain their luster
I agree completely.

Another clean sheet in a game that started with the sirens.
Awesome work from those who have been involved this season with stuff like this and the flags...etc, I really think it has made a difference.
Bring them, I think it was more a fear from certain board members that they might be targeted

Status
Not open for further replies.