Your starting eleven against Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Neils
Delph
Doucoure Allan
James DCL Gordon

I know people will shudder at Delph but Gomes and Sigurdson have been dreadful, at least Delph can make us more solid

If Kenny is fit he comes in. Godfrey was a weak link today.

Not his fault, but the lad isn't a right-back.

On today's showing it's either Kenny or Davies at rb because Godfrey certainly isn't a full back.

Don't know which side Saint maximam plays on but if he's against godfrey we are asking for trouble, he hasn't got full back positioning

It’s a massive exaggeration to call him awful last week. I don’t remember us getting overrun in midfield last week, whereas we couldn’t even hold on to it for five seconds today.

If Gomes was awful last week, what was the whole of our midfield this week?
They were awful today as was Gomes last week.

Not a great day, but we all would have taken 13 points out of 6 games.
Obviously loosing a few players is always going to hurt us and James didn’t look 100%

The Gomes, siggurdsson argument. Gomes was poor last week imo and siggurdsson wasn’t great today. Doucoure as well. Though I’m certain Allan and Doucoure are nailed on starters for the time being.

I said in the week and wouid have played Delph to give us a bit more defensive cover, while also letting Doucoure get forward more. We seem to be missing a trick with him.

I thought Godfrey would have suited us today, but it didn’t quite work and he seemed over loaded. I would
Also look to break up the 2 CB’s. They both Had done quite well this season, but to similar Imo and worrying we haven’t kept a clean sheet since the opening day. Maybe a bit more pace will help.

with out Richarlison and maybe a fully fit James, let’s try and grind out a couple of results

It’s a massive exaggeration to call him awful last week. I don’t remember us getting overrun in midfield last week, whereas we couldn’t even hold on to it for five seconds today.

If Gomes was awful last week, what was the whole of our midfield this week?

Mate, I've defended Gomes, but we were overrun last week and he was very bad bar a 10-15 minute spell before Liverpool's second goal.

I agree he's important to our midfield though. He keeps the ball - usually - far better than Sigurdsson, but it's not an exaggeration to say he was poor last week, because he was. And Liverpool tore through us for most of the game.

Not a great day, but we all would have taken 13 points out of 6 games.
Obviously loosing a few players is always going to hurt us and James didn’t look 100%

The Gomes, siggurdsson argument. Gomes was poor last week imo and siggurdsson wasn’t great today. Doucoure as well. Though I’m certain Allan and Doucoure are nailed on starters for the time being.

I said in the week and wouid have played Delph to give us a bit more defensive cover, while also letting Doucoure get forward more. We seem to be missing a trick with him.

I thought Godfrey would have suited us today, but it didn’t quite work and he seemed over loaded. I would
Also look to break up the 2 CB’s. They both Had done quite well this season, but to similar Imo and worrying we haven’t kept a clean sheet since the opening day. Maybe a bit more pace will help.

with out Richarlison and maybe a fully fit James, let’s try and grind out a couple of results

I do think Carlo stuck with a 4-3-3 today and it didn't click.

That's down to personnel. With no overlapping full-back, James couldn't have that freedom and they just pegged Godfrey back time and time again.

It meant all of our play went down the left, away from our best player, and our midfield just couldn't get to grips.

In hindsight, Delph coming in alongside or Allan and pushing Doucoure up could have been a solution, but it is what it is. look on to next week and hope James has recovered.

On today's showing it's either Kenny or Davies at rb because Godfrey certainly isn't a full back.

Don't know which side Saint maximam plays on but if he's against godfrey we are asking for trouble, he hasn't got full back positioning
I think it was more to do we Southampton overloading his side and the movement of their players. I think he wouid cope with saint maximam one in one. And I could be wrong, but looking at Newcastle’s team, looks
Like 3 at the back and wing backs

Mate, I've defended Gomes, but we were overrun last week and he was very bad bar a 10-15 minute spell before Liverpool's second goal.

I agree he's important to our midfield though. He keeps the ball - usually - far better than Sigurdsson, but it's not an exaggeration to say he was poor last week, because he was. And Liverpool tore through us for most of the game.

If last week was ‘poor’, this week was an abomination. We remained in the game against Liverpool and I don’t agree that they were tearing through us.

Today, we had absolutely no say in midfield, from an attacking perspective or a defensive one. It was by far the most useless midfield display of this season.

No siggy or iwobbly please papa Carlo, for the rest of the season if possible!

Gomes and flash with Nkounkou at lb. Delph/Tommy D if Andre is crocked.

If James is out then maybe Bernie?! I still don't get why we let moise go to psg - were so limited in attack now.

No more injuries of suspensions as well FFS!

Arriba los caramelos!

If last week was ‘poor’, this week was an abomination. We remained in the game against Liverpool and I don’t agree that they were tearing through us.

Today, we had absolutely no say in midfield, from an attacking perspective or a defensive one. It was by far the most useless midfield display of this season.

Liverpool ran through our midfield for 45 minutes in the first half.

Gomes was poor but the reaction was OTT. We missed him today.

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Neils
Delph
Doucoure Allan
James DCL Gordon

I know people will shudder at Delph but Gomes and Sigurdson have been dreadful, at least Delph can make us more solid
Agree with this.

Maybe Kenny or Coleman at RB if either of them are fit, if not I agree that's the line we should go with.

Gordon did enough today I think to be picked ahead of Iwobi and Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.