Your starting eleven against Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see James on the bench to start and only brought in if were chasing the game. He’s played a ton of minutes and will likely be need to be fresh v Man U

I can’t see James not starting if he is fit.

Do Colombia have matches during the international break? I would assume so but I feel he does need a break before the big Christmas pile up comes

Nobody on the bench today that could have been used in any meaningful formation change, things weren't going well but there was no striker on stand by to change formation to allow 2 up front, could have hooked Gilfi or Iwobi for Simms... criminal by Carlo not having a striker on the bench.

Am I right in thinking that the only game that we have lost and couldn’t get a sniff in midfield is the one that Gomes didn’t feature at all?

And that we’ve had a result in every game he’s featured?
Gomes was awful last week. I wasn’t surprised he was dropped but I would have played Delph myself.

So it turns out that Gomes has been an ever present in our good performances this season, and that we missed him big time today.

He’s been good this season, and he should without doubt be occupying that third central midfield position against Newcastle!

Truth is that he’s been taken out of our midfield and we’ve been completely overrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.