Your choice for new No10/winger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolasie - Class act but would cost £15mil at least, and I don't think he'd leave London

According to Palace fans I work with he is ridiculously overrated by non-Palace fans. Has about 5 amazing games a season and the rest of the time does nothing.

Bolaise has 6 good games a season, H and A against Everton, Liverpool and Spurs.

I'd prefer a more proven #10 then Rafael Silva, but we've lost out on a lot of affordable players

I hope Mirallas stays and we loan a winger that means we can interchange the 3 behind lukaku to get the ball up quicker.

Like I said though, Cleverly is probably our new number 10. I was hoping he was filling in for Osman and Pienaar

Rafael is a very good player. He doesn't possess the same flair ou skill but he has a greater amount of pace. Likes to be the 10 but is deployed, on a regular basis, on the wings.

He would be an interesting player.

Plus, every player in the midfield would be a great addition to Everton's squad (João Mário intelligence is huge and Sérgio Oliveira is becoming a great center midfielder). The most similar player to Bernardo Silva is Iuri Medeiros, in this squad.
But we have the pace with Deulofeu and Mirallas. What we need is the flair. I'm certainly not saying I wouldn't want him - If Martinez has scouted him for this long then I would trust his judgment.

Although I agree with others. We either aren't going to get someone or they'll be more established.

It would appear Porto are closing in on Rafael Silva.

Last edited:

But we have the pace with Deulofeu and Mirallas. What we need is the flair. I'm certainly not saying I wouldn't want him - If Martinez has scouted him for this long then I would trust his judgment.

Although I agree with others. We either aren't going to get someone or they'll be more established.

It would appear Porto are closing in on Rafael Silva.

Deulofeu is a flarisih player. Not sure about his consistency but still a talented player. Rafael is a bit different but also good on one on one situations. Can be the 10 but he ain't no Bernardo Silva and wouldn't cost the same sort of money.

João Mário, right now is a better player than any other central midfielder we have here. He's been playing out of his natural position at club level and with the u21 national side. But his cleverness allows him to be very effective. He balances the team, he's always in the right place, when he has to track back, and goes forward in a competent way. He scores and he assists his team mates.

In this Euro Championship, he has played as an inner right midfielder. And he's playing well, although he is not a right midfielder. At club level he played as number 10. Scored a good number of goals but still this is not his natural position which is central midfielder.

Watch this kid... he should be in the Euro u21 but has had his progress stalled due to a serious injury.. he was loaned out in January and it seems the kid is on a good path... He was one my favourites from a generation which is regarded as the best ever at youth level in Sporting Portugal. That team had Bruma, Ilori, Dier and João Carlos Teixeira (playing for the shoite) and thrashed our neighbours in the Next Gen, a couple of years ago...

Last edited:

Ha, I caught hell in this thread a few weeks ago for suggesting we loan Chuba Akpom from Arsenal. What do you know:

Last edited:
Few might not agree but we should of been all over Gylfi Sigurdsson when he left Spurs. He's got an eye for goal, links up play very well and always seems to get himself in good positions in and around the box. I reckon he would be brilliant behind Rom and would add some much needed threat from that area of the pitch.

To answer this question honestly I would like someone like Tom Cleverley to make an ace attacking midfielder, or preferably Ross Barkley so I can roar laughing at all the bad bellends we have that love to write our players off and speculate over stepover freaks that they signed on FIFA.

Don't know what it is about Ross at the moment but it's almost like his body is a few steps ahead of his brain at times and when he finally realises where he is on the pitch his next choice tends to underwhelm. For now we can put it down to the lad being an inconsistent 21 year old but before this season is out at least I hope he starts making his mark on games rather than drifting in and out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.