Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Dowell as a player he has fantastic talent and would love to see him kick on with us. He does seem to be missing something though. On the outside it looks like a bit of drive or maybe it's that confidence/arrogance top players have. I suppose being shipped from pillar to post on loan has been a negative for him too.

I like Dowell as a player he has fantastic talent and would love to see him kick on with us. He does seem to be missing something though. On the outside it looks like a bit of drive or maybe it's that confidence/arrogance top players have. I suppose being shipped from pillar to post on loan has been a negative for him too.
Been shoved in every midfield position too.

Was never given a deserved proper chance and probably too late now. Likely sold to a championship club and we need to put in a hefty sell on clause.

Am I crazy for thinking it is worth at least seeing what Carlo thinks about Dowell during preseason? There is a lot of skill there at least.

I thought the same personally - out of the supposed 'golden generation' of youngsters coming through at that point (L Walsh, Ledson, Kenny, Williams, Dowell, Davies), he was always the one picked out as the one with the best chance of making the grade.

Thing is that players have bad loans, and Dowell (arguably more so than any other youngster) has suffered enormously from the disjointed approach the club has had to U-21/23 football and the first team, coupled with constant changing of playing styles and management personnel. I'm not saying he deserves a number for the coming season, but a few weeks in a training camp would give Carlo ample opportunity to assess his cultured left foot (if not much else).

Was never given a deserved proper chance and probably too late now. Likely sold to a championship club and we need to put in a hefty sell on clause.
Too late because? We have no creative players so I don't really see the wisdom in not at least seeing if Carlo fancies him preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.