Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got a few people to knock out of the way before he is played in attacking midfield - including Iwobi and Davies, without considering Sigurdsson or Bernard (or Gordon or any other current youth player). I doubt that he is suddenly going to transform himself into a ball-winning tiger in the middle of the park...

No, of course not, but managers like certain players don’t they. He could conceivably be second choice attacking mid behind Iwobi next season under a new manager, who knows. He also plays the furthest back in midfield for England so *shrug*

Davies can’t play there and I think we’ll turn Gordon into a striker before long.

Doesn't seem to be a golden crop at the moment. Hopefully JJK can be our first choice right back next season. Always good to have a few Merseysiders in the team.
Does anyone think Dowell still has a chance of being at least a squad player at Everton? He's knocking on a bit now for a "youngster".
Dowell is crap. People must realise this by now?

Kenny playing Right Forward for Shalke on BT now, looks really sharp to be fair. Just skinned the left back, one to keep an eye on as that's where we're struggling.
Berlin just brought on an apparently quick winger on his side, so will be interesting to see how he deals with it. His defensive heading hasn't been wonderful so far, imo.

Championship
Hull City - Josh Bowler played full game in 1-3 away defeat to Barnsley

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
8' - Honeyman gets a shot off! Lovely work from Bowler in the build-up as the winger twists and turns before squaring the ball for Honeyman, who sees his shot saved. Flag was up anyway.
17' - The Tigers are starting to turn the screw... Grosicki and Bowler have started well on the wings and have forced three or four corners in the past few minutes.
65' - Bowen over a free-kick after a good run from Bowler... But it's over the bar.

Fan comment
"Bowler is so one-footed."

Kieran Dowell and Matthew Pennington were unused substitutes.
Nathan Broadhead, Korede Adedoyin and Joao Virginia were not in matchday squads.

Championship
Derby County - Kieran Dowell played full match in 0-1 away defeat at Blackburn Rovers

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Dowell was appalling how he’s find himself back in the team is beyond me"
"Dowell hasn't performed in any game really."
"I’m not saying this lightly but Kieran Dowell is up there with some of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for Derby. He looks lost and lazy. No urgency, no positive pass. Certainly not the player I thought we’d signed. He’s going through the motions of this loan, and that’s it. He’s no desire to play for Derby and you can see it."

Hull City - Josh Bowler started on the bench and came on in the 85th minutee of a 2-1 home win over Stoke City

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started and came off injured in the 33rd minute of a 0-2 home defeat to Lincoln City

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 1-2 away defeat to Bayer Leverkusen

Fans not impressed by team's performance but nothing about Kenny particularly...

Belgian League
KV Kortrijk - Fraser Hornby started and was substituted in the 60th minute of a 1-1 away draw with Mechelen.

Matthew Pennington and Callum Connolly were unused substitutes.
Joao Virginia and Korede Adedoyin were not in matchday squads.

Doesnt bode well for Dowell. If you have been out of the team, you need to impress when you get the chance. Looking lack luster and lazy isnt doing anyone any favours.

Doesnt bode well for Dowell. If you have been out of the team, you need to impress when you get the chance. Looking lack luster and lazy isnt doing anyone any favours.

....Dowell has a languid gait and style that lends itself to looking like he’s not trying, but you are right that he needs to impress when he gets an opportunity. Sadly, it’s getting to a point where he’ll be looking for a club to take him on a permanent deal.

Championship
Derby County - Kieran Dowell played full match in 0-1 away defeat at Blackburn Rovers

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Dowell was appalling how he’s find himself back in the team is beyond me"
"Dowell hasn't performed in any game really."
"I’m not saying this lightly but Kieran Dowell is up there with some of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for Derby. He looks lost and lazy. No urgency, no positive pass. Certainly not the player I thought we’d signed. He’s going through the motions of this loan, and that’s it. He’s no desire to play for Derby and you can see it."

Hull City - Josh Bowler started on the bench and came on in the 85th minutee of a 2-1 home win over Stoke City

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started and came off injured in the 33rd minute of a 0-2 home defeat to Lincoln City

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 1-2 away defeat to Bayer Leverkusen

Fans not impressed by team's performance but nothing about Kenny particularly...

Belgian League
KV Kortrijk - Fraser Hornby started and was substituted in the 60th minute of a 1-1 away draw with Mechelen.

Matthew Pennington and Callum Connolly were unused substitutes.
Joao Virginia and Korede Adedoyin were not in matchday squads.

Promising stuff re: Dowell

We’ve got too many [Poor language removed] squad players who get picked before the youngsters these days, before we had money to splash on foreign bench warmers we used to give the youngsters a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.