Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship
Wigan Athletic - Luke Garbutt started and was substituted on 81st minute in 0-1 home defeat to QPR

OS Match Report
"Hasselbaink’s men were moving the ball down nicely, and were forcing Latics back into their own third, with Stephen Warnock and Luke Garbutt looking strong at the back."
"Latics won a free-kick on the right-hand edge of the area which was taken by Luke Garbutt; the defender’s deep cross was headed home by Morgan, but the goal was ruled out for offside."
"Caldwell soon took action after a lethargic start to the second interval, and introduced Yanic Wildschut on 55 minutes in place of Shaun MacDonald. It was an attacking change, and it almost paid dividends just four minutes later, when Garbutt went close with a low effort."

Twitter stuff
8' Latics are having to dig in early on to repel QPR, who are seeing plenty of the ball. Garbutt & Warnock catching the eye (0-0)
39' OFFSIDE! Morgan meets Garbutt's cross at the far post and heads home, but the flag is up for offside! (0-0)
45' Brilliant flowing move from Latics sees Garbutt released on the left, before winning a corner (0-0)
60' Chance! Great ball in from the right by Jacobs finds Garbutt, who forces a good save from Smithies with his low strike (0-1)
70' It's Garbutt who tries his luck; it's a good effort, but he can only hit the side netting at the near post (0-1)

Fan comments
"Don't understand why garbutt got subbed myself thought he was effective down the left even though we had nothing to show for it"

League Two
Cheltenham Town - Russell Griffiths played full match in 2-0 home win over Crewe Alexandra

OS Match Report

No real Twitter comments

Fan comments
"Griffiths - Not sure he had a save to make but I like him and he inspires confidence (6)"

Premier League
West Bromwich Albion - Brendan Galloway played full match in 0-0 home draw against Hull City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
BOOKING. 2' Ayala is cautioned for a foul on Galloway who broke with pace down the left
@brendan_gallo37 has enjoyed a bright start to his @premierleague and Hawthorns bow for Albion
38' Galloway's 25-yard low drive is gathered by Guzan (0-0)
A solid performance from @brendan_gallo37 on his Hawthorns debut this afternoon

Fan comments
McLean and Galloway both looked lively going forward.
On the positive side Galloway looked class
Galloway 8 - excellent home debut
Really impressed with Galloway, excellent when attacking but quick enough to recover, good control and passing, likes to overlap and most importantly allowed Evans to get back to the centre, he was awesome in the middle, so much time on the ball, him and Macca were superb.
Field and Galloway both had promising games but shouldn't be under such pressure within a depleted squad.
as said Galloway and Field play well

Galloway picked out for praise on MoTD2 and looked like he deserved it. Playing regularly for WBA should really help Brendan to develop and come back to us a better player.

Premier League
West Bromwich Albion - Brendan Galloway played full match in 0-0 home draw against Hull City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
BOOKING. 2' Ayala is cautioned for a foul on Galloway who broke with pace down the left
@brendan_gallo37 has enjoyed a bright start to his @premierleague and Hawthorns bow for Albion
38' Galloway's 25-yard low drive is gathered by Guzan (0-0)
A solid performance from @brendan_gallo37 on his Hawthorns debut this afternoon

Fan comments
McLean and Galloway both looked lively going forward.
On the positive side Galloway looked class
Galloway 8 - excellent home debut
Really impressed with Galloway, excellent when attacking but quick enough to recover, good control and passing, likes to overlap and most importantly allowed Evans to get back to the centre, he was awesome in the middle, so much time on the ball, him and Macca were superb.
Field and Galloway both had promising games but shouldn't be under such pressure within a depleted squad.
as said Galloway and Field play well
Thanks for keeping track of all the on loan lads again this year @atrottel, really appreciate it.

League Two
Cheltenham Town - Russell Griffiths played full game in 0-1 away defeat to Plymouth Albion

OS Match Report
"After the break it took almost 20 minutes for the first real chance to come as Goodwille was given the ball inside the area in plenty of space, but his low shot was brilliantly saved by the legs of Griffiths."
"The home side were in control of the game at this point midway through the second period as Griffiths again had to make a smart save to keep out Garita’s shot at point blank range."

Twitter stuff
64: Just before the sub, Griffiths made a fine save with his feet to deny Goodwillie. Best save of the match.
67: Griffiths again gets down well to keep the scores level - pushing the ball to safety from Garito's shot.

Fan Comments
Plymouth should have been out of sight albeit one good and one outstanding save by at his near post by Griffiths.

Re James Yates, he wasn't in the Crewe squad and I saw somewhere on their site that he had been loaned specifically to help out their U-23 side. I'm guessing that means Unsworth thinks he wouldn't be getting games at that level with us.

League Two
Cheltenham Town - Russell Griffiths played full game in 0-1 away defeat to Plymouth Albion

OS Match Report
"After the break it took almost 20 minutes for the first real chance to come as Goodwille was given the ball inside the area in plenty of space, but his low shot was brilliantly saved by the legs of Griffiths."
"The home side were in control of the game at this point midway through the second period as Griffiths again had to make a smart save to keep out Garita’s shot at point blank range."

Twitter stuff
64: Just before the sub, Griffiths made a fine save with his feet to deny Goodwillie. Best save of the match.
67: Griffiths again gets down well to keep the scores level - pushing the ball to safety from Garito's shot.

Fan Comments
Plymouth should have been out of sight albeit one good and one outstanding save by at his near post by Griffiths.

Re James Yates, he wasn't in the Crewe squad and I saw somewhere on their site that he had been loaned specifically to help out their U-23 side. I'm guessing that means Unsworth thinks he wouldn't be getting games at that level with us.

Sounds like a strange move for yates

Sounds like a strange move for yates
Why is that? Sometimes we tend to think that the lower league clubs are like Oliver, waiting for any scraps that are thrown their way from the top table. In fact, they often have a decent choice of potential youth loans from all of the clubs at levels above them (not just PL) even if they decide that they want to trust a young inexperienced player rather than an old pro in their first team.

Yates is, I believe, too old for the U-18s. That means that he would be playing for the U-23s if a) Unsworth thought he was the best option and b) we didn't already have better or similar level or younger development players for his position (right-back). We might also consider that he would benefit at this stage from regular playing time and (possibly) from seeing what life is like in the lower leagues.

The loan is until January - hopefully it will give him game time and experience that he might not get here.

The fact is a tiny percentage of youth team players will make it with us. I suspect Yates won't (he has Gethin Jones, Jon-Joe Kenny and Mason Holgate all ahead of him and of similar ages) however he might well make it as League 1 or 2 level. Get him out there and give him a chance to impress.

Same with Ledson. He did well in League 2 and has earned a move to an upwardly mobile League 1 club. Far better for him to be playing every week at 19 than sitting in our reserves.

I think the best stratergy for us would be to get as many players out playing with Deulofeu style buyback clauses.

The fact is a tiny percentage of youth team players will make it with us. I suspect Yates won't (he has Gethin Jones, Jon-Joe Kenny and Mason Holgate all ahead of him and of similar ages) however he might well make it as League 1 or 2 level. Get him out there and give him a chance to impress.

Same with Ledson. He did well in League 2 and has earned a move to an upwardly mobile League 1 club. Far better for him to be playing every week at 19 than sitting in our reserves.

I think the best stratergy for us would be to get as many players out playing with Deulofeu style buyback clauses.
Really good idea,if we are letting them leave with that type of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.