Yobo - treated shoddily

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it agreed fees at the end of a loan are not considered binding rather a negotiation starting point, I seem to remember Everton haggling over the Arteta fee. When a loan deal has to be agreed quickly as deadline approaches both sides will pretty much agree to whatever agreed fee whichever side is dominant want. Everton fans have been quick to tell Rangers "to get over it" in relation to naismith but we are appalled by fenebache trying to use their position to get the best deal possible for themselves.

Whilst he was on loan third parties worked hard to agree a fee they felt would be acceptable and everton gave the impression they were happy before changing their position and it was rejected. Kenwright personally felt he should take over negotiations as he was confident he'd get more , how did that work out ? We have a player the Manager doesn't want back and his (relatively) big wages mean that most clubs who might be interested couldn't afford him so we have a scenario where an unhappy player returns to the club whilst his big wages will eat up the money we are haggling over in weeks.

Kenwright is again handling the deal , our initial demands were £5m and the Turks initial offer was a free transfer. The latest offer, that some were confident would be acceptable, was €2m plus add ons but at present that's been rejected. The Turks still feel they are in the box seats so I'm concerned we are haggling over money that will be eaten up by wages in no time whilst we'll have to see whether the Turks offers increase or even drop it as the clock ticks.

The OP talks about Yobo being treated in a shoddy manner , the major issue that would contribute to that was a verbal agreement he felt he had . Yobo felt when he signed a new deal (rather than leaving on a free) that he was told the club wouldn't ask for a 'prohibitive fee' if he was no longer a regular and I think he feels that hasn't happened . As a club we were outraged by gosling disregard (legally at least) of a verbal agreement but could we be accused of doing the same & how would that play out if you were a player watching who perhaps found himself in that position in the future ?

think its disgraceful how fenerbahce are treating him. Such as shame its come to this, loved Yobo back in the day.

This.

Fener haven't covered themselves in glory in this whole saga. Yobo needs to tell them to come up with the quid FINALLY.

This.

Fener haven't covered themselves in glory in this whole saga. Yobo needs to tell them to come up with the quid FINALLY.

They've done some pretty good business on this one....

However they've paid about 1.75mil over 2 seasons just to loan him....for a player who doesnt want to be here and who is on 50k a week I'd say their offer of 2mil is fair !

Status
Not open for further replies.