Yobo - treated shoddily

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
does anyone else think the way the club is treating Yobo is a bit of a disgrace. He had been a good servant for us, never really complained when he was not in the team, and now when he has been doing well in Turkey for the last 2 seasons, the club are holding out for too much money. Reports are they have offered about 2m, but the club are holding out for nearer 3m. Just ****in sell him for 2m and move on and then we have some money towards Pienaar, who now has been cleared to leave Spurs

does anyone else think the way the club is treating Yobo is a bit of a disgrace. He had been a good servant for us, never really complained when he was not in the team, and now when he has been doing well in Turkey for the last 2 seasons, the club are holding out for too much money. Reports are they have offered about 2m, but the club are holding out for nearer 3m. Just ****in sell him for 2m and move on and then we have some money towards Pienaar, who now has been cleared to leave Spurs

think its disgraceful how fenerbahce are treating him. Such as shame its come to this, loved Yobo back in the day.

Pulling out of a European game when we had no fit centre backs and then making a miraculous recovery a couple of days later to play for Nigeria.....I don't think he's exactly endeared himself to our manager or Chairman especially when they supported him during the kidnap incident.

Having said that, i would take 2mil.

think its disgraceful how fenerbahce are treating him

this. he's there captain and they cba to shell out another million for him. btw yobo pretended to be injured when we had a serious injury crises vs benfica. I like the guy but he's too blame for this one

Why should we bow down to the demands of these Turks who are hideously shady characters at the best of times (match fixing etc etc). We need the money just as much as they do, if not more. Football is a business at the end of the day and if the club are trying to serve the businesses interests better then they should hold out for whatever they think is a fair market value and not bow down to the pressure of a player who has not been here for 2 years and treated the club with contempt as has been mentioned.

Also, if Yobo wants the move so much why doesn't he make up the difference? It's not even half his year's pay before sponsorship deals. All parties would be happy this way.

Screw these Turks for all we can and fine Yobo weeks wages while he remains in Turkey. We don't lose out this way and then if he plays for fenerbache sue them and Yobo for all we can through breach of contract and send them our legal bill. That would teach them.

No we dont owe him anything, we pay his wages, he was happy to sign a contract. simple. if fenerbahce think he is that good they will pay us if not. tough. Fans complain if the club let players go to easily of for to little money and they complain when we hold out for money. Lets not forget this is a international player who is the captain of the country. Why should we give him away. And remember REFUSED to play for EVERTON. Why the feck should we be easy.

Fenerbahce had a fee agreed with us at the end of the initial loan I think, a fairly decent whack if I remember like 3m at least or something.

And then they blagged their way out of paying that, and keep pissing us about with regards to the fee, because they know Yobo only wants to go there and Everton cant afford to pull out of negotiations and let a player on such high wages rot in the reserves.

They have us over a barrel, and Moyes is as stubborn as anyone, does not want to back down either, which I can understand to an extent. But we do need to cut ties with Yobo and move on.

TBH if he's that desperate to go, he's earned more than enough money from us to buy himself out of his contract and move on a bosman.

Status
Not open for further replies.