Yoan Gouffran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same L'Equipe that as reported today that us and Newcastle are in for M'Vila?!. There not that reliable mate!.

Doesn't mean we're not interested just because we don't have the money, they said we were interested not that it was nailed on, same as this

I say this with the upmost respect to everyone involved; but doesn't the amount of breast-beating thats been going on this last fortnight or so regarding transfers all seem a bit pointless? I know it makes a beautifully refreshing change to be legitimately linked with new signings, but it isn't half getting a bit tiresome.

I, for one, can't wait till the weeks over and we can just get on with the season.

Until January. Ah, B****cks.

I'm sure that must have been hilarious for you lad, but still doesn't warrant 'pipe down'

Wallow in your misplaced & faux sense of superiority at having once watched a French league game love.

Why do people keep bringing up stuff like this? Its not in the east bit hard to watch foreign football these days and plenty of it. Its a big and very accessible world out there.

Not to deviate off the current topic but is this lad any good?
Swanson on SSN said he'd be about £1.5 - £2 million.

If we're only paying that for him I'll drive to France and pick him up

His scoring record is deceiving because I checked again and despite it being largely poor he did indeed score 14 in 31 in ligue 1 last year. £2m seems awfully cheap for someone so prolific, bearing in mind Giroud's fee for example.

If we're only paying that for him I'll drive to France and pick him up

i dont even have a driving licence, but i would learn, pass my test, buy a car, then drive to france to pick him up. would be a great cheer up if we lose out for niang. would like it if we could get both and offload anichebe of course. that would be a transfer window to remember

His scoring record is deceiving because I checked again and despite it being largely poor he did indeed score 14 in 31 in ligue 1 last year. £2m seems awfully cheap for someone so prolific, bearing in mind Giroud's fee for example.

his scoring record was much better last season than it has ever been which suggests that it was an anomaly, however, I think it also shows he is still improving and maybe moyes is the man to do that?

I think 2 mil sounds about right, its a good price but its about right for someone with potential rather than track record on the last year of their contract

i dont even have a driving licence, but i would learn, pass my test, buy a car, then drive to france to pick him up. would be a great cheer up if we lose out for niang. would like it if we could get both and offload anichebe of course. that would be a transfer window to remember

think niang is gone really but I think Gouffran is a better signing for us now anyway because with the right coaching this season could be his season

Where do you think he'd fit into the side, though?

I think on the right hand side mainly, with maybe mirallas and jelavic up top? it really depends on who we're playing and who's available, I think he'll give us extra attacking options which will add to the fluidity of the side that has been apparent in the opening games, that said I don't think he'd drop in straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.