2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes true. I just thought you meant he would be missing for the World Cup
No, sorry for the confusion. I was slyly referring to something that bugs me about Yerry: that he actually plays a significant number of games for his country while being so regularly unavailable for his club. I admire his love for his country and his determination to play for his national team (he is entitled to play for his country). But, as a biased Evertonian, I am massively frustrated that he still jets off when he is basically out of commission for us for so long. With such a terrible availability record for his club, it's galling to me that he goes on intercontinental round trips as frequently as he does. Some pros might prefer to keep their heads down on the international front until they sort out their fitness issues. I don't think it unreasonable for the club to tell him he needs to play a respectable number of games for his club before heading off on international duty. If his body cannot take the workload, then something has to give. That should be the national team trips.

But player power - and FIFA rules - mitigate against this from the club's perspective. In the absence of Yerry playing ball with the club, so to speak, then we must cut our losses.

The last game we lost when Yerry started was Newcastle, where he was subbed off injured after half an hour at 0-0.

We then went on a horrible run

He was back for the two Leicester games and Chelsea where we got 7 points from 9.

He then misses Watford and Brentford where we are horrible again, we might have won without him yesterday but we concede 2 in the process.

We are a much better team with him but we clearly cannot rely on him. We cannot build our defence around him.

we need to keep him. i just hope he wants to stay
The same medical guys who have overseen the worst injury record in the league for back to back seasons? ?
those medical guys dont personally injure them, we seem to have always gone in for injury prone players. even when we won the league in `85 we used the most players that had ever won it. (if my memory is right)

The last game we lost when Yerry started was Newcastle, where he was subbed off injured after half an hour at 0-0.

We then went on a horrible run

He was back for the two Leicester games and Chelsea where we got 7 points from 9.

He then misses Watford and Brentford where we are horrible again, we might have won without him yesterday but we concede 2 in the process.

We are a much better team with him but we clearly cannot rely on him. We cannot build our defence around him.
Him and Delph helped us massively in there cameo appearances, shame they struggle to stay fit.

Our best defender, but needs to go.

The inconsistency will inevitably stop a partnership being formed, even if one or both of the partnership aren’t as good as him.

I’ll miss the lunatic if he does leave, though.

All the great teams build their defense's around the centre half , if not the team.So a lot of great teams have a great centre half, but also so a player that playes 99 per cent of the time [see Liverpool when there's was injured ] but Yerry cant play 80 per cent of games so we can't build a team around him.

I would keep him as a squad player if he took a 50% pay cut considering he's on around 100k a week.

He wont do that so he ultimately needs to leave whilst we can still make a profit on him.

We can't get rid of him. He's bigger than anyone else in the club and he'll just beat them up if they try to offload him.

Sell, not tough enough for this league.
Hopefully it will fund the wages of a more consistent defender, maybe brought in on a free so it helps with ffp.

Thought some here might be interested in some comments Yerry has made back to Colombian media on his injuries last season:

"It was a difficult season, frustrating, feeling impotent, I wanted to show what I am, the talent I have. Some of the injuries were my own fault, because I always give the max when I train, I always want to give more, always want to put forth my best, there are times when I should rest and I don't stop."

"I've learned from that. Other injuries resulted from helping the team through this season of difficult moments, I told the gaffer I'd play on one foot, then there are the consequences, I didn't learn that in the moment because we were dealing with relegation and I didn't want to have a relegation on my record. One has to learn from what's happened, and now I am well"

Fue una temporada difícil, frustrante, de mucha impotencia, quería demostrar lo que soy, el talento que tengo. Algunas lesiones fueron por mi culpa, porque me entreno siempre al máximo, siempre quiero dar más, siempre quiero dar lo mejor, hay veces que necesito descanso y no paro", comentó.

"Ya aprendí de eso. En otras lesiones, fue por ayudar al equipo en esta temporada que estaba pasando por un momento difícil, yo le decía al profe que si podía jugaba en un pie, entonces ahí están las consecuencias, no aprendí de eso en su momento porque estábamos con el tema del descenso y yo no quería tener un descenso en mi curriculum. Hay que aprender de lo que pasó, ya estoy bien", agregó al respecto.

Thought some here might be interested in some comments Yerry has made back to Colombian media on his injuries last season:

"It was a difficult season, frustrating, feeling impotent, I wanted to show what I am, the talent I have. Some of the injuries were my own fault, because I always give the max when I train, I always want to give more, always want to put forth my best, there are times when I should rest and I don't stop."

"I've learned from that. Other injuries resulted from helping the team through this season of difficult moments, I told the gaffer I'd play on one foot, then there are the consequences, I didn't learn that in the moment because we were dealing with relegation and I didn't want to have a relegation on my record. One has to learn from what's happened, and now I am well"

Fue una temporada difícil, frustrante, de mucha impotencia, quería demostrar lo que soy, el talento que tengo. Algunas lesiones fueron por mi culpa, porque me entreno siempre al máximo, siempre quiero dar más, siempre quiero dar lo mejor, hay veces que necesito descanso y no paro", comentó.

"Ya aprendí de eso. En otras lesiones, fue por ayudar al equipo en esta temporada que estaba pasando por un momento difícil, yo le decía al profe que si podía jugaba en un pie, entonces ahí están las consecuencias, no aprendí de eso en su momento porque estábamos con el tema del descenso y yo no quería tener un descenso en mi curriculum. Hay que aprender de lo que pasó, ya estoy bien", agregó al respecto.

Apparently up for sale £15mil

Status
Not open for further replies.