2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

A great character.

Pretty sure he is the most universally loved man at the club. He just radiates good vibes.

He is a quality player too. We can't rely on him it seems which is the problem but I really hope we can keep him as a squad player, as he has shown he can come in after long periods out and immediately perform. The problem no doubt is his wage -- I suspect it is too high to not be a starter.

If/when he leaves there will be a tinge of sadness about what could have been but think he will always be remembered fondly amongst the club.

Pretty sure he is the most universally loved man at the club. He just radiates good vibes.

He is a quality player too. We can't rely on him it seems which is the problem but I really hope we can keep him as a squad player, as he has shown he can come in after long periods out and immediately perform. The problem no doubt is his wage -- I suspect it is too high to not be a starter.

If/when he leaves there will be a tinge of sadness about what could have been but think he will always be remembered fondly amongst the club.
I was making a mental note of the qualities we need in a new centre half signing - good on the ball, dominant in the box, a leader, enough pace to allow us to play a high line. Then I realised we already have Mina who has most of these qualities. Such shame he is so injury prone. Difficult decision to be made on his future. One factor in his favour is that him staying could also persuade Richarlison not to leave?

If fans want to avoid a repeat of this season - and if they truly wish to see Frank Lampard keep his job beyond the break for the World Cup in November - then there really is no decision to be made here.

Bye bye, Yerry.

Senitment and wishful thinking doesn't come into it. He is among our higher earners and gives us practically no return on that investment due to a chronic lack of availability. We cannot afford to make him the highest-paid cheerleader in the club's history. In truth, if he were a wrestler, he would be the guy that accompanies the participating wrestler to the ring and, perhaps, interferes occasionally. Think Andre the Giant towards the end. The body has gone, but the presence is still an attraction. Our Million Dollar Man, Mr. Moshiri, will be needing something a little more, though, for his investment. Frank will see Yerry as one of those that prompted his "we need to be more robust" comment this week.

We need people we can rely on. The only thing we can rely on with the likeable Yerry is an extended period on the treatment table followed by tremendous enthusiasm to be fit...

...for Colombia.

If fans want to avoid a repeat of this season - and if they truly wish to see Frank Lampard keep his job beyond the break for the World Cup in November - then there really is no decision to be made here.

Bye bye, Yerry.

Senitment and wishful thinking doesn't come into it. He is among our higher earners and gives us practically no return on that investment due to a chronic lack of availability. We cannot afford to make him the highest-paid cheerleader in the club's history. In truth, if he were a wrestler, he would be the guy that accompanies the participating wrestler to the ring and, perhaps, interferes occasionally. Think Andre the Giant towards the end. The body has gone, but the presence is still an attraction. Our Million Dollar Man, Mr. Moshiri, will be needing something a little more, though, for his investment. Frank will see Yerry as one of those that prompted his "we need to be more robust" comment this week.

We need people we can rely on. The only thing we can rely on with the likeable Yerry is an extended period on the treatment table followed by tremendous enthusiasm to be fit...

...for Colombia.

I dont think Columbia have qualified for the world cup.

If the medical guys think he’ll be good to go after a 2 month rest then keep him. But if it’s gonna be another season like this then he’ll have to go I guess.
We have to be careful though as he’s obviously the biggest character at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.