2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like Koulibaly but where does that leave Godfrey is my concern. We will be building a defence around that lad and I think best do it now alongside Yerry.

Branthwaite coming through as well and he is pacy with height/physique. I think he will make it.

Centreback is the least of our worries now.

With Yerry we're probably only getting high twenties in number of matches at best and we need to rotate Koulibaly properly so we'll see plenty of Godfrey.

Then we have Branthwaite if we have a rash of injuries.

With a proper RB, we then have the back four locked down and probably GK as well. That will let us grind out enough 1-0s to survive to next summer and buy some goals.

I've heard 35 million pounds floated as Napoli's real reserve price. They're trying to play it as 50 million euros.

United came in with a derisory 30 million euro offer that they laughed out of the room before United sprung for Varane.

I understand that the problem is that Koulibaly is on big wages and would have to extend and take a pay cut to stay. The new manager wants him, but they may not be able to afford to keep him.

This is what the media tells me, and not inside dirt, but it all seems to hold more water than most rumors.

He would be a good value pickup for the sides coming up. He almost never misses games and puts in a replacement-level PL player shift most every time out.

For sides trying to keep the king's ransom of Prem TV money on a shoestring, he makes a ton of sense.
Yeah but we wouldn’t sell him for a price that one of those teams can afford because we stupidly gave him another 5 year contract. Plus I doubt they’d be able to pay his wages.

Yeah but we wouldn’t sell him for a price that one of those teams can afford because we stupidly gave him another 5 year contract. Plus I doubt they’d be able to pay his wages.

We can probably get half of Koulibaly's rumored price or so if we sell.

Not gonna lie, the wages could be an issue. OTOH, Keane wants to start and play all the games. If it becomes clear that he's third choice, he's the kind of guy that might take a modest wage cut to be the alpha dog.

With Yerry we're probably only getting high twenties in number of matches at best and we need to rotate Koulibaly properly so we'll see plenty of Godfrey.

Then we have Branthwaite if we have a rash of injuries.

With a proper RB, we then have the back four locked down and probably GK as well. That will let us grind out enough 1-0s to survive to next summer and buy some goals.
Could live with a triumvirate of Yerry/Koulibaly/Godfrey alright like but keeping them happy with game time may be an issue.

“I’m motivated because new challenges are coming, new goals, working and hoping that this season will be full of success and victory and that we can qualify for the Champions League or Europa League, he added.

“I have spoken very little with the coach, I hope to have a good relationship and meet the club’s objectives.”

“I’m motivated because new challenges are coming, new goals, working and hoping that this season will be full of success and victory and that we can qualify for the Champions League or Europa League,” he added.

“I have spoken very little with the coach, I hope to have a good relationship and meet the club’s objectives.”

Don’t bother Yerry, he’s a bell

Status
Not open for further replies.