2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
At fault badly for Lamela’s goal but generally did well, one terrific block that I recall.

It’s a funny one to concede 4 goals you’d think the defence had a nightmare but 3 of them were from corners, in open play we defended okay. We’ve been so good at defending set pieces this season, last few games starting to concede, particularly losing the first header at the near post. We’ve got a big team, some great headers of the ball, shouldn’t be conceding. Something to work on in training.

At fault badly for Lamela’s goal but generally did well, one terrific block that I recall.

It’s a funny one to concede 4 goals you’d think the defence had a nightmare but 3 of them were from corners, in open play we defended okay. We’ve been so good at defending set pieces this season, last few games starting to concede, particularly losing the first header at the near post. We’ve got a big team, some great headers of the ball, shouldn’t be conceding. Something to work on in training.
So strange that we have defended corners so well all season and we struggled from the seams delivery all night.

So strange that we have defended corners so well all season and we struggled from the seams delivery all night.
Was weird wasn’t it? Had much the same set up but seem to be struggling to defend corners/free kicks whipped into the near post over the last 3/4 games - not sure why. Can’t see we’re obviously doing anything different and it’s the same players. Sort it ASAP, have enjoyed us being good at set pieces!

Think it was one of those games where when a few things go wrong, it can be tough to break the trend. A surprisingly bad game from the defense but especially Mina. The block at the end was massive, though, that was going straight to the bottom corner in mind...

We went back to Silva levels at set pieces which is weird because we have been strong in this area all season.

Bit like Pickford, a clanger bubbling away every game.

Don't agree at all really. Certainly made a mistake last night but he's been fantastic on the whole this season. I can see why you'd say this based on the evidence of the previous couple of seasons, but from where I'm sitting he's been in our top 3 or 4 performers this season and I could count the number of mistakes he's made comfortably on the fingers of one hand

Fine by me. Both are abysmal in general.

Abysmal is a massive overreaction. The reason we have done well this season is because of the defence, every member of the defence has put a great shift in, over multiple games.

Last night was strange, we have a way of defending set pieces that is considered weird and should not work, there was always going to be a game where it didn't quite work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.