2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's a bit of a John Bailey type of figure (for those old enough to remember the big hat wearing crazy), not a world beater but good enough to hold his own but a good sort to have around the place

I like him. He's not top class and he'll have bad games/patches and unfortunately is on massive money, but over a season I think he's a decent centre back. Also seems like a good one for the dressing room, is a snidey winner type and can get you a goal from a set piece.

Solid player. I have to say, as recently as 6 months ago I wasn't convinced and thought we may be parting ways at the end of this season.

We really did not need another of our recent signings to fail, so this is a relief.

Absolutely mental the money he's on though. I thought he went straight from South America to Barca. How on earth has he managed to be our highest earner? Cracking agent.

You could sense a whole change in attitude once Big Yerald strode onto the pitch.
Rapidly becoming our most influential player.
Never saw that to be honest, I did when Doucoure came on and it seemed the play linked up a bit better and there was some purpose and a a bit of a plan about our game, that’s beside him scoring the winner.

I like him. He's not top class and he'll have bad games/patches and unfortunately is on massive money, but over a season I think he's a decent centre back. Also seems like a good one for the dressing room, is a snidey winner type and can get you a goal from a set piece.

Solid player. I have to say, as recently as 6 months ago I wasn't convinced and thought we may be parting ways at the end of this season.

We really did not need another of our recent signings to fail, so this is a relief.

Absolutely mental the money he's on though. I thought he went straight from South America to Barca. How on earth has he managed to be our highest earner? Cracking agent.

He had a great world cup and we paid a world cup fee

You may have forgotten that he is one of two defenders that have ever scored the most goals in a single World Cup. He did that in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and such football accomplishments are compensated with salary, if one has a good agent. Which clearly he does lol

Never saw that to be honest, I did when Doucoure came on and it seemed the play linked up a bit better and there was some purpose and a a bit of a plan about our game, that’s beside him scoring the winner.
Oh he defo done well when he came on.
He gets about his business and gave us a purpose going forward, but lets be honest he couldnt do much worse than the crabs before him.

But I stand by Big Yerry being our most influential player atm & it showed.

Think that’s a great summary of the situation. Played well when he came in today.

Oh he defo done well when he came on.
He gets about his business and gave us a purpose going forward, but lets be honest he couldnt do much worse than the crabs before him.

But I stand by Big Yerry being our most influential player atm & it showed.
Fair enough, but if he’s our most influential player at the moment I’d say it shows how poor we are, especially watching him after Rotherham, deservedly, equalised, Mina and three or four players just passed the ball to each other before it went back to Olson, who wellied up the field, they all look bewildered on how to get the ball upfield, like they were hypnotised, this went on for minutes on end, quite unbelievable for me to watch and understand the appalling way international players couldn’t seem to cope with playing simple passes out of defence, pathetic really

Fair enough, but if he’s our most influential player at the moment I’d say it shows how poor we are, especially watching him after Rotherham, deservedly, equalised, Mina and three or four players just passed the ball to each other before it went back to Olson, who wellied up the field, they all look bewildered on how to get the ball upfield, like they were hypnotised, this went on for minutes on end, quite unbelievable for me to watch and understand the appalling way international players couldn’t seem to cope with playing simple passes out of defence, pathetic really
He came on after they scored mate.

He was the only defender that strode forward with the ball and looked to play forward as seen in the pass to James for Doucs goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.