2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mins is poor overall but wasnt the fault yesterday, we never looked like scoring against a keeper with 5 minutes notice he was playing.

Yep it was poor from him and its not the first time either. Done it against the rs, yesterday, plus done a woeful clearance against Arsenal which led to the pen and also one of the Southampton goals I'm sure he literally just turned his back.

He has these proper brain fart moments. He's probably playing the best football of his Everton career so far but you know he has a mistake in him for sure.
Mina is another Yobo, sound for 89 minutes, atrocious for one!

If we could sign a genuine left footed centre back would like to see us go 3 at back with Mina playing as the middle of the three. I think his lack of pace wouldn't be ad obvious and his strength in the air would be more of an asset. Keane would be competition and Holgate Godfrey would compete for the right side.

I'm sure people haven't slept on this but I feel Mina has become the new DNA of the club and if you watch the training stuff the club puts out he's at the heart of everything. He has bants with everyone.

Think how many center backs weve got, Godfrey , Holgate , Mina , Keane , Branthwate to name a few . One has to go an hes the worst of the lot .
It’s insane isn’t it? Genuinely what was the plan Marcel - was there one? How do we give Branthwaite or Gibson a pathway to develop - even Godfrey, he seems like he’s 4th choice centre back at a critical stage of his development.

One of them has to go, if nothing else would remove the temptation for Carlo to play a back three which we’ve been horrible at executing. I reckon it’s Yerry as well, would get decent cash for him, probably not what we paid but not miles off.

It’s insane isn’t it? Genuinely what was the plan Marcel - was there one? How do we give Branthwaite or Gibson a pathway to develop - even Godfrey, he seems like he’s 4th choice centre back at a critical stage of his development.

One of them has to go, if nothing else would remove the temptation for Carlo to play a back three which we’ve been horrible at executing. I reckon it’s Yerry as well, would get decent cash for him, probably not what we paid but not miles off.
Get Branthwaite out on loan, He's only 18 and while he was very impressive during that little spell he had he's not ready yet, Get him to a team where he plays every week.

Get Branthwaite out on loan, He's only 18 and while he was very impressive during that little spell he had he's not ready yet, Get him to a team where he plays every week.
For me it’s about getting the most balanced squad with the resources we have available - we’re so overloaded with centre backs with such massive gaping holes in other areas of the team. If we can address those without selling a centre back, then ideal. If not and we need to free up cash, then it’s an obvious area where we’re well stocked and selling one of them won’t weaken us or leave a gap.

So I’m an ideal world Branthwaite goes on loan and plays every week. It might not be an ideal world though and he’d still get game time next season if he were 4th choice centre back, particularly if we qualify for Europa league.

Reactions: JMT

There's something about him which is a bit ungainly which is part of the reason some people won't ever warm to him I think, but in all honesty I've got very few complaints with him this season. The odd small mistake, but largely he's been pretty good.

There's something about him which is a bit ungainly which is part of the reason some people won't ever warm to him I think, but in all honesty I've got very few complaints with him this season. The odd small mistake, but largely he's been pretty good.

Defo this, people just dont like him. He makes as many error's as all other defenders....even Ramos and VVD make them.

He is gangly and tall.....so will naturally be slower that 5ft10 attackers.

Also due to his size, will be prone to many muscle issues.

I like him, not a world beater, but not every player needs to be.

Defo this, people just dont like him. He makes as many error's as all other defenders....even Ramos and VVD make them.

He is gangly and tall.....so will naturally be slower that 5ft10 attackers.

Also due to his size, will be prone to many muscle issues.

I like him, not a world beater, but not every player needs to be.
I see this a lot and i'm just not really sure why. People's opinions on Mina are no different to the majority of other players, yet there seems to be this constant suggestion that if you don't rate Mina you're just wrong, and it's not because you really don't rate him, it's because you've got some sort of preconceived bias against him. It's a bit weird.

To me, he's a decent player, no more no less. He's an adequate PL centre half who sometimes looks better than that, but overall I don't think he was worth £30m and £100k a week. He goes in the same bracket as Coleman, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Holgate, Iwobi, Bernard etc for me; not a terrible player by any means, but probably one of the players we need to replace if we want to really push on. I genuinely don't think he gets undue stick. I'd possibly say the opposite if anything, he has a fanclub that makes out he's a lot better than he is.

I see this a lot and i'm just not really sure why. People's opinions on Mina are no different to the majority of other players, yet there seems to be this constant suggestion that if you don't rate Mina you're just wrong, and it's not because you really don't rate him, it's because you've got some sort of preconceived bias against him. It's a bit weird.

To me, he's a decent player, no more no less. He's an adequate PL centre half who sometimes looks better than that, but overall I don't think he was worth £30m and £100k a week. He goes in the same bracket as Coleman, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Holgate, Iwobi, Bernard etc for me; not a terrible player by any means, but probably one of the players we need to replace if we want to really push on. I genuinely don't think he gets undue stick. I'd possibly say the opposite if anything, he has a fanclub that makes out he's a lot better than he is.

Nah

Yerry has been as good as any of our CBs, but he is the one always getting crapped on.

He is no world beater, but if one of our players is gonna get the blame, I'd put my money on him other than Pickford. He definitely gets more criticism despite performing at the same or higher level than the rest

Last edited:
Nah

Yerry has been as good as any of our CBs, but he is the one always getting crapped on.

He is no world bearer, but if one of our players is gonna get the blame, I'd put my money on him other than Pickford. He definitely gets more criticism despite performing at the same or higher level than the rest
You think he gets more blame than PICKFORD? Holy moly. There's wrong and then there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.