2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rumblings?

There have been a lot of transfer links lately. Those are getting out there for a reason.

If we were going to roll over on wages, we'd already have done it. We extended Holgate right before the shutdown, as an example. Both sides appear to be playing hardball, which introduces the possibility of negotiation failure.

There have been a lot of transfer links lately. Those are getting out there for a reason.

If we were going to roll over on wages, we'd already have done it. We extended Holgate right before the shutdown, as an example. Both sides appear to be playing hardball, which introduces the possibility of negotiation failure.

Only link I saw to him moving was from the paper we shall not mention.

He's still got 2 years on his deal from this Summer so can't see why the club would be rushing to tie him down. He's always played when fit so clearly the boss likes him.

He's still got 2 years on his deal from this Summer so can't see why the club would be rushing to tie him down. He's always played when fit so clearly the boss likes him.
Problem is he’s already our highest earning CB. He’s constantly picking up knocks. Do the club want to give him an even better deal and be stuck with him until he’s 32.

Also I think waiting till next summer wouid ne a huge risk. Of him
And his agent pulling a fast one and waiting till the January so he can sign a pre contract and leave for free.

It seems a lot more players these days are happy to sit through that last year, for that big pay day as a free agent

In this day and age, failing to extend a player in his mid-twenties with two years left, or sell at that time, is as good as deciding to sell for peanuts or run the contract down. All the leverage flips to the player's side of the table. If you run it down, the player can effectively capture a fair-sized chunk of what would have been the transfer fee in wages (see: Bernard), and the player's agent knows that.

It’s the wage you have to look at, is he worth it, pound for pound.

Im a fan to be honest, he has every attribute you want in a centre half.

We need all four in my opinion, they’ve all played and contributed this season.

I’ve never seen a centre half get injured so often with no one around him. Pretty disappointing he can’t wait to get off at the first sign of a niggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.