2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve finally worked out your strategy @Dave
1 look for a busy thread
2 see what people are saying
3 make a controversial baseless statement
4 wait for response and enjoy the notoriety and like/dislikes
I say what I see: a CB who's getting credit he didn't earn. My points on him are specific: needs to get more distance on his clearances out of the box; needs to be more aware of danger around him...remember the Bournemouth catastrophe.

Don’t get him started eggs haha. He is giving it about a player most would say has been our best player this season which is more then enough rubbish for everyone to deal with ;)

....I like Mina a lot last season, he’s got something about him. I think he could be outstanding for us given the right partner, I think @davek is right highlighting a defensive frailty in a one-on-one situation, but the trick is to alleviate that situation with organisation that leaves defenders less exposed.

....I like Mina a lot last season, he’s got something about him. I think he could be outstanding for us given the right partner, I think @davek is right highlighting a defensive frailty in a one-on-one situation, but the trick is to alleviate that situation with organisation that leaves defenders less exposed.
All defenders have flaws but we only seen glimpses last season obviously his season wasn’t great due to injuries etc. He has been class this season and even better since we have played holgate along side him.

just need to keep doing what we are doing and maybe just maybe we will get to where we are wanting to go but this is Everton and they ruin people’s weekends

I say what I see: a CB who's getting credit he didn't earn. My points on him are specific: needs to get more distance on his clearances out of the box; needs to be more aware of danger around him...remember the Bournemouth catastrophe.
Was that about two months ago though?

I like him but he had two similar headed clearances which ended up bouncing inside our box. One led to the goal and the other had me panicking that it was going to lead to a goal. Bit dodgy to be honest.

I also think that was a penalty when he decide to add a wee shin kick to his shielding maneuver. Nice to get away with something but not sure how var reviews it and doesn’t see contact.

The majority of what he does though is very good and he has the right attitude. As I’ve said of a few players over the last few seasons, I hope he stays and we get to see him improve in a team that gets even better. Not looking good right now but we live in hope.

Reading a few articles in Spanish on him he is just the sort of character normally loved by the fans. Really down to earth and humble but with a sense of humor about most things and a bit of a cheeky fella. I like how he always mentions working hard to do well for us, the national team AND his small town Guachene. Love this photo of him on a fire truck when he went back to his home town after the World Cup.

15310210122111.png

Not sure if mentioned here before but he was named Yerry after Jerry from Tom & Jerry. They just changed the first letter to make it more Spanish sounding.

he is definitely a positive in a season of utter crap.

I thought Mina had started to look great before the Norwich game not sure what the hell him and Holgate were doing but it was schoolboy defending at times.someone said Mina was still jet lagged :) in that case why play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.