2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more FIFA in-form card in two weeks than Baresi-reborn himself Kurt Zouma managed last season

That is obviously nonsense? There are no RS players included? I bet Sky sports will be running a poll on whether there should be a public inquiry!

All these articles about him and his clean sheets, our defensive wall, fortress, partnership with Keane, all the interviews etc are making me really nervous.

You know its just setting us up for a load of errors and goals conceeded.
3-3 draw with Villa coming

....Keane made it difficult to be dropped and when Zouma/Mina did start a game they couldn’t put a run together. I agree, they were the intended 1st choice, and I think that would’ve been realised this season. Indeed, if some real pace and quality is introduced in January, I can see Mina forming a partnership with the new player.
Quite a baffling post.

You think Keane will be dropped for an unknown player in less than 4months?

Thats gonna have to be an amazing loss of form.
....I know. It’s not so much Keane, he’s done well (although i admit to not being a fan). It’s more I think Silva has a team model which he can’t fully implement without pace and power at the back.

I might well be wrong, but i’m trying to look at the bigger picture in how Silva wants to play. Mina/Keane might be effective but I think he’ll want the back four defending higher up the pitch.
He doesn’t like Keane and is desperate for anybody to come in and replace him. Absolutely bizarre but I guess some people make their minds up on players and that’s it.

He and others that want him replaced are going to be disappointed though. When Keane has been fit under Silva, he’s played. Thankfully the manager can see he’s a quality centre half.
I dont think he will, our back 4 are perfect, if its Zoume and Keane, or Keane and Mina, since that Millwall game and the 17 holiday to sort this, we have been a revelation at the back, not a chance he is going to change the way we play
...exactly, Bri. It’s a point i’ve made since Zouma first came in, it’s why I think he was targeted because of the Mina/Sanchez partnership.
Imagine if we could somehow pinch Sanchez from Spurs, we'd have a cl league defence then,
2/3 from Mina, Sanchez and Keane
Digne and Coleman/sidibe

I think that the Keane / Mina pairing has been effective in these 2 games and may well be throughout the season.

Keane has definitely improved and Mina has looked a colossus.

However, as some posters like @Eggs and @f.t.r.s have pointed out, we do need pace at the back in order to play a high line. Its no coincidence that were sitting deeper this season.

Against the top sides this may be an effective tactic and enable us to be solid while playing on the counter but against Palace and Watford we could have been sat 10-15 yards further up the pitch if we had some pace at the back.

Mina + Sanchez are really solid for Colombia and ideally we would have a Sanchez type in the team/squad.

My view is that Mina was a Brands/Silva signing and so more likely that they see him as being first choice if we were to sign another defender. That being said, it will be based on merit.

Either way, we do need a player with pace at the back unless we want to continue sitting deeper than last season.

I absolutely love this massive pycho

Yeh, agree. Just imagine back in the day if that was Bains and Jags rather than Digne and Mina... Bains would be asking him if he caught him, wanting to shake hands. Jags would be hovering around looking concerned over the 'face injury', then probably give him a hand up and dust the dirt of the back of his shirt!

But Digne spirits of for a quick ball and Mina gives him the full verbals. We might actually win something with this attitude in the team!

Mina reveals reason to early season form - 2 games is not enough to judge someone's early season form. Ten games maybe.

Why are these articles on the OS a waste of time?

"DCL on what is driving him to succeed"

Status
Not open for further replies.