2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we sell Mina and keep Keane?
Mina is only slightly better though, they both have the same problems ie no pace and poor concentration. We really need to get rid of one and i reckon we stand more chance of making money on Mina.
Tbh i am just going to wait and see what happens in the summer with players, none of us know who Carlo actually rates within the squad or where he will want to strengthen the team or exactly how much £££ we will have to spend.

Mina is only slightly better though, they both have the same problems ie no pace and poor concentration. We really need to get rid of one and i reckon we stand more chance of making money on Mina.
Tbh i am just going to wait and see what happens in the summer with players, none of us know who Carlo actually rates within the squad or where he will want to strengthen the team or exactly how much £££ we will have to spend.
Basically this, Mina isnt good enough but he has a value that Keane hasnt got, unless we get Lucky Keane will see out his contract, Mina we might even get our money back on.
Either way we have to buy a top quality CB

Basically this, Mina isnt good enough but he has a value that Keane hasnt got, unless we get Lucky Keane will see out his contract, Mina we might even get our money back on.
Yeah, id rather Keane went but i don't think either are good enough and both have the same faults with their game, just that Mina seems to have a bit of thing going with Holgate but i am sure we can get better.

Yet to see a game and thought wow Mina is brilliant. Unless he starts reading the game better and improves his positional sense, the lack of pace will always put him in trouble . Cant really see him getting faster either.

Interestingly Yerry Mina has played 8 games for us in 2020...

Keane has played 5 times and Holgate 10.

It appears to be clear that Ancelotti wants to rotate all three players to have a look at them and of course seems to favour the combo of Mina and Holgate.

It strikes me that Keane may be playing for a squad place next season at this point...

I'd imagine this is a likely scenario, He's having a good look at everyone to see what needs prioritising in the summer.

Why would we sell Mina and keep Keane?
Because we are not making the decisions, CA is, and he seems to be favouring Keane rather that Minna at the moment.
I think the decisions are probably made as to who is leaving and who is staying long since by now and there is a good chance that the players will not be seen in action again this season.

I do think as well that there are a number of players in the squad that the manager is not actively trying to see but to generate funds he could be tempted if the right offer were made.
We have the obvious contenders in Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun and others, but I do think there may be others that CA would be happy to keep but just might be tempted to sell at a price, Bernard, Keane or Mina(not both) Bernard , Walcott and maybe one or two others.

Because we are not making the decisions, CA is, and he seems to be favouring Keane rather that Minna at the moment.
I think the decisions are probably made as to who is leaving and who is staying long since by now and there is a good chance that the players will not be seen in action again this season.

I do think as well that there are a number of players in the squad that the manager is not actively trying to see but to generate funds he could be tempted if the right offer were made.
We have the obvious contenders in Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun and others, but I do think there may be others that CA would be happy to keep but just might be tempted to sell at a price, Bernard, Keane or Mina(not both) Bernard , Walcott and maybe one or two others.
What have you got against Bernard?

That is why we are after Gabriel, is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.