2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree in some respects but disagree too. The trick is to find the undervalued/underused ones. Rooney and Schneiderlin were horrible options, Kean, Digne and Mina were good options.
The latter 3 are champions league rejects. They are giving us nothing in trying to get from bottom end Prem towards 7/8th were we’ve finished the previous 3 years!

Kean has been utterly useless.
Digne has useless week in week out this season.
I think Mina is ok for about 20mill but Ancelloti obviously doesn’t fancy him and I’d stuck with his judgement.

Interestingly Yerry Mina has played 8 games for us in 2020...

Keane has played 5 times and Holgate 10.

It appears to be clear that Ancelotti wants to rotate all three players to have a look at them and of course seems to favour the combo of Mina and Holgate.

It strikes me that Keane may be playing for a squad place next season at this point...

It appears to be clear that Ancelotti wants to rotate all three players to have a look at them and of course seems to favour the combo of Mina and Holgate.

It strikes me that Keane may be playing for a squad place next season at this point...

In another club hopefully.

Think his form dropped and has given keane a chance i hope we see a better season for him next one as this is his first full one

This is why I'd sooner have Holgate in midfield for the rest of the season, at least against stiff opposition.

Mina and Keane is no dream combo, but it's better than having Davies or Delph further up the pitch.

This is why I'd sooner have Holgate in midfield for the rest of the season, at least against stiff opposition.

Mina and Keane is no dream combo, but it's better than having Davies or Delph further up the pitch.

Keane playing means a deep defence or a loss.

Do hope not. We are talking about a player who's decent performance is one were he doesn't make a mistake that leads to a goal. If we want to compete we need much better. Holgate with a good quick left sided CB and Mina playing for a place is the ideal. Hopefully one of the young lads can fill the fourth spot.

Unfortunately, as you said yourself, he's going to get game time regardless.
Do hope not. We are talking about a player who's decent performance is one were he doesn't make a mistake that leads to a goal. If we want to compete we need much better. Holgate with a good quick left sided CB and Mina playing for a place is the ideal. Hopefully one of the young lads can fill the fourth spot.
Better than Keane but I wouldn’t be surprised if we brought in a first choice centre half in the summer

Keane really has to go and i think at this point (as i wrote above) Keane is playing for a squad place next season.

I dont think he will show Ancelotti much this season and for that reason will fail and be sold in the summer.

Mina + Holgate will be rotating with a new player i think, hopefully Gabriel...then i reckon we will sign a stopgap for a season until Gibson returns to compete at CB and LB (with Baines leaving)...

Mina wise...he was crocked most of last year and i think with preseason he will improve (as will Holgate) and we will look solid next season...

A player that I could see being sold if there was any interest in him.
He doesn't really seem to have fully convinced CA, in my opinion.

If we sold Mina and the utterly dreadful Keane then we would only have Holgate...surely we wouldnt sell both.

Status
Not open for further replies.