2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why Barca wanted him and also why they didn’t want him to stick around.

my concern with him is the same I have with Pickford- he made his big splash in a WC, where the sample size is small, the football technique is generally not that good, andteams are basically going on adrenaline and emotion, which both of them have loads of. Different thing to be consistently good week in and week out in a more disciplined system, the cold rainy night at Stoke etc. I’m more optimistic about Mina than Pickford in the long run, with the goofy demeanor and poor English it’s not as apparent but I think he’s mentally tougher. but he is still quite raw.
He's still raw, but his skill with the ball is not. He's terrific playing the ball, which just doesn't happen with guys his size.

Gerry strikes me as the kind of defender who needs a leader next to him, somebody to tell him when to stay and when to go. If we have a confident vocal defender next to him, I think he will be fine. I certainly see exponentially more pro’s than con’s with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.