2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
You either love big bad Yerry, or you’re wrong

I can see why Barca wanted him and also why they didn’t want him to stick around.

my concern with him is the same I have with Pickford- he made his big splash in a WC, where the sample size is small, the football technique is generally not that good, andteams are basically going on adrenaline and emotion, which both of them have loads of. Different thing to be consistently good week in and week out in a more disciplined system, the cold rainy night at Stoke etc. I’m more optimistic about Mina than Pickford in the long run, with the goofy demeanor and poor English it’s not as apparent but I think he’s mentally tougher. but he is still quite raw.

I can see why Barca wanted him and also why they didn’t want him to stick around.

my concern with him is the same I have with Pickford- he made his big splash in a WC, where the sample size is small, the football technique is generally not that good, andteams are basically going on adrenaline and emotion, which both of them have loads of. Different thing to be consistently good week in and week out in a more disciplined system, the cold rainy night at Stoke etc. I’m more optimistic about Mina than Pickford in the long run, with the goofy demeanor and poor English it’s not as apparent but I think he’s mentally tougher. but he is still quite raw.

I agree. His "antics" are celebrated while Pickfords are derised. He always seems not quite right. I am not confident in his ability and he always makes me feel like he is going to cock up. Weird. I actually really like him as a person though just not sure he is that good.

Is that Mina or Pickford?

I'm still on the fence with Yerry. At 25, he should be coming into his peak. I get concerned at times with his lack of speed and relatively slow turning quickness but if he can regularly contribute on set pieces like at Watford and he shown previously for his country then he could be a great asset over the next few years!

Barca are skint and need to sell....they have been for years. They also had to rid the squad of non eu players. This narrative of him being booted out of Barca cos he was sooo bad, pure kopite story telling.

I'm still on the fence with Yerry. At 25, he should be coming into his peak. I get concerned at times with his lack of speed and relatively slow turning quickness but if he can regularly contribute on set pieces like at Watford and he shown previously for his country then he could be a great asset over the next few years!

Nah, 25 is young for a centre back really, Min 27 is peak for that position for me. Obviously exceptions to that rule. But that lad has been playing elite footy since he was 19, and starting for his country for years.

For comparison, look at VVD at mina’s age.

Status
Not open for further replies.