2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 24 next month - played 5 club games outside of South America and we've paid close to £30m.

This is a massive gamble.

Only in terms of performance. I think we recoup the fee we paid for him even if he's poor on the pitch. He has Barcelona and World Cup 'pedigree' now.

Only in terms of performance. I think we recoup the fee we paid for him even if he's poor on the pitch. He has Barcelona and World Cup 'pedigree' now.

Plus, 24 is no age for a CB.

Younger than Stones, almost two years younger than Maguire.

Yes, the fee is probably more than he's worth, but we needed a big presence at the back and now we've got it.

Whether he's going to be able to play in a high line, time will have to tell.

So Vickery was a scumbag blue hating kopite when he said RFM wouldn’t be very good, but now he’s a footballing oracle when he says Mina is decent?
You missed out the part where his report on Funes Mori ended up being pretty much spot on. That has something to do with people changing their tune

Bobby brown shoes used his well honed defensive judgment and chose Funes Mori. Surprisingly @davek rarely mentions this.
The fact that you think Mori isn't better than Jagielka tells me all I need to know. Argentinian CB and winner of the Copa Libertadores played out of position here mostly but still more of a goal threat than most other outfield players, now plying his trade with a top Spanish club

The fact that you think Mori isn't better than Jagielka tells me all I need to know. Argentinian CB and winner of the Copa Libertadores played out of position here mostly but still more of a goal threat than most other outfield players, now plying his trade with a top Spanish club
Please show me where I said Mori isn't better than Jags, I was referring to the decision Martinez made that buying Mori rather than VVD for a similar fee was preferable.

Top Spanish club is a stretch. Been around almost 100 years and never won the league. Never won a major cup domestically or otherwise. They were also relegated a few seasons back. Seems similar to calling West Ham a top club. Feels wrong.

Also, Mori was always a bit crap.

Please show me where I said Mori isn't better than Jags, I was referring to the decision Martinez made that buying Mori rather than VVD for a similar fee was preferable.
He enquired about VVD and was rebuffed. Then moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.