2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make you lot aware, and i am by no means comparing these players to Mina but

Van Dijk - Missed 17 league games of 16/17 & Missed 12 games of 17/18 season
Alderweirald - Missed 8 league gamaes of 16/17 & Missed 14 league games of 17/18 seaason
Vertonghen - Missed 15 games of 13/14 season & Missed 9 games of 15/16 season
John Stones - Missed 20 games of 17/18 season & missed 11 so far this season

None of these centre halves have had a perfect record injurie wise but at times have shown they can go a full season. Easily just be a blip and bad luck

Just to make you lot aware, and i am by no means comparing these players to Mina but

Van Dijk - Missed 17 league games of 16/17 & Missed 12 games of 17/18 season
Alderweirald - Missed 8 league gamaes of 16/17 & Missed 14 league games of 17/18 seaason
Vertonghen - Missed 15 games of 13/14 season & Missed 9 games of 15/16 season
John Stones - Missed 20 games of 17/18 season & missed 11 so far this season

None of these centre halves have had a perfect record injurie wise but at times have shown they can go a full season. Easily just be a blip and bad luck
Not complaining about Mina here but those figures are not comparable because you've just looked at how many games they actually played, not whether they were injured. Stones hasn't missed 11 games through injury this year, Van Dijk missed most of those games last year because he was in dispute with Southampton etc. Also the 2 Spurs players are widely considered injury prone now by their fans.

Mina came to us injured, after playing long into the World Cup and without a pre season.
Hopefully this summer he can have a proper break, come back rested and fit and next season will give us a better idea about what kind of player we really have.
Copa America though :Blink:

I really like the look of Mina, he's mostly impressed when he's been on with 2 very impressive performances against Chelsea glimpsing what he's capable of. He seems really well liked and a proper personality in the team which is also a big positive for me...I will admit that his fitness is beginning to concern me, every time he puts in a solid performance he immediately gets a lay off which has majorly disrupted his season. Hopefully if he can finally get himself to consistent fitness over the end of this season and next pre-season and put together a proper run in the side because I really think he can be our colossus at the back.

Mina came to us injured, after playing long into the World Cup and without a pre season.
Hopefully this summer he can have a proper break, come back rested and fit and next season will give us a better idea about what kind of player we really have.
The old richarlison/watford theory

Glad to see you've all taken this well. He's had injuries. Players get injuries. Not all players who have a spell of injuries should be bolted in the back of the head and made into glue.

Take it easy.

That still wouldn’t be his fault.
No, but if you buy a player who has questions about his fitness, alarm bells should of been ringing.

Another issue is, how good he is? ok we dont fully know because we havent seen enough of him, but what we have seen he dosent look anything special.

The old richarlison/watford theory
Richarlison will nearly treble his goal return this season and has earned full international caps for Brazil and is rumoured to be a possible target for Barca... not bad a for a 21 year old in his second season.

If Minna can do comparably as well next season we will be well pleased.

No, but if you buy a player who has questions about his fitness, alarm bells should of been ringing.

Another issue is, how good he is? ok we dont fully know because we havent seen enough of him, but what we have seen he dosent look anything special.

You don’t not sign a player you’ve chased for ages just because he has an injury. How were we to know he’d keep picking up injuries throughout the season? And in fact I’d say he looks clearly our best centre back actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.