2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he doesn’t become one of those loon defenders.

..actually thought he was very composed in his last game given he got an early booking. Bit of a surprise today to see him react like that when their keeper picked him up off the floor. His all around game was poor today, not sure he’s played in a combination of 3 CBs before.

..actually thought he was very composed in his last game given he got an early booking. Bit of a surprise today to see him react like that when their keeper picked him up off the floor. His all around game was poor today, not sure he’s played in a combination of 3 CBs before.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen before today Eggs, hopefully it’s down to him being played in a 3. What was disappointing about today was none of those 3 centre half’s took it upon themselves to show some leadership and try and sort it out.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen before today Eggs, hopefully it’s down to him being played in a 3. What was disappointing about today was none of those 3 centre half’s took it upon themselves to show some leadership and try and sort it out.

..I agree, Lou. I’ve been impressed too. I just hope Silva isn’t changing formation so he doesn’t have to leave one out. I’m sure he wants to pair Zouma/Mina but Keane has thrown a spanner in the works.

Hope he doesn’t become one of those loon defenders.
What do you mean mate?

2yns0va.jpg

Doesn't fit in a back 3. Should have started Holgate instead.

...anyways moving forward. And as I mentioned before - Mina is of no real concern to the grand scheme of everything Everton.

Think you’ve nailed it there. The back 3 system seemed to confuse him. Don’t know how often he’s been deployed in this system before, but he looked all at sea in it. Hopefully this is the last we will see of a back 3, judging by today.

That's the issue I have with 3 Centre backs Lou, no one seems to take leadership. You can have 3 centre halves like today then a 5ft short arse still manages to find space to grab a header.

2 centre halves all day for me. I mentioned a few days ago @Eggs i had a feeling he would go 3 at the back with Gueye being injured plus I reckon your right that he doesn't want to drop any of the 3. He's gonna have to imo so that the centre halves take responsibility for their men/space/positional awareness.

Today was the 2nd time Keane has had a ball float over his head because he's not in the right position (Wolves away)

Status
Not open for further replies.