Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a horrible feeling he may not be able to return to top level football again.

I had exactly the same injuries (ruptured ACL and medial meniscus ligament damage), one is bad but both often means game over.

Obviously he will receive world class treatment however the human body is the same and he will struggle.

I have a horrible feeling he may not be able to return to top level football again.

I had exactly the same injuries (ruptured ACL and medial meniscus ligament damage), one is bad but both often means game over.

Obviously he will receive world class treatment however the human body is the same and he will struggle.
I guess when we accuse players of being 'greedy' 'mercenaries' and 'only thinking about their bank balance' you must consider they are one injury or bad tackle away from being out the game. Obviously bolasie is going to receive the best medical help available, but due to the nature of his injury (which you have suffered yourself) there must be serious doubts as to whether he can return to top flight football again as the same player. I wonder if clubs insure their players against such career threatening injuries?

I think he'll probably(although it's a totally different injury)come back to a level like Oviedo,and then maybe join a championship side after a while,hope I'm wrong as maybe I'm in the minority but I thought he offered us something different in his short time here:)

I think he'll probably(although it's a totally different injury)come back to a level like Oviedo,and then maybe join a championship side after a while,hope I'm wrong as maybe I'm in the minority but I thought he offered us something different in his short time here:)

Not alone mate. I thought he did as well. Lets hope he gets well as soon as, and isnt too broken.

Yip.

Good luck to the lad and all that but we look a lot more potent going forward since his injury forced a re-think of what were failed tactics.

I think the 'failed tactics' are the sideline hugging wingers working the same space as Coleman and Baines attacking. It caused too much congestion down the wings players bumping into each other take each others space. What I noticed against City was Barkley and Mirallas came more into the centre and as a result there was more movement and it allowed both Coleman and Baines to bomb down the wing. I can see Bolasie working well in this system as he will have more space to work in, as before his injury he was too cramped on the wing.

I think the 'failed tactics' are the sideline hugging wingers working the same space as Coleman and Baines attacking. It caused too much congestion down the wings players bumping into each other take each others space. What I noticed against City was Barkley and Mirallas came more into the centre and as a result there was more movement and it allowed both Coleman and Baines to bomb down the wing. I can see Bolasie working well in this system as he will have more space to work in, as before his injury he was too cramped on the wing.

Exactly, Hull.

The full backs have been more effective in the attacking third since the tactical change was enacted.

Bolasie is what I'd call a match-up player. He is physically dominant and can cause havoc for some of the smaller wing-backs in the league. He was over-priced for sure, but he was a unique player and did add a different option to the team. HOPEFULLY he comes back at a high level as he adds something interesting to the team.

I mean you have got to laugh right?

22 million on a winger, then he is finished 4 months later. I feel sorry for the lad but i just find that thought funny, only we could make a statement of intent signing (money not player) and then have him finished not even after 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.