Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lingard is utter toilet mate. Every United fan I know doesn't rate him. Being honest, have you ever seen Sane play or you going off reputation? I've certainly never seen him play. Sterling has also been pure AIDS since signing for city.

It's not as simple as such and such is better than such and such.

I thought Lingard was highly rated by United fans? I'd be delighted to have him here, as I am with Bolasie(if he joins!)I wouldn't judge Sterling playing in a team that had no sprit and a useless manager, I'm judging him on his potential and what he achieved at the shower of bad words. Seen Sane play a few times last season, think a bigger Sterling with a afro.

But look where we are: right on the eve of a new season. Positions like GK, CM, AM and second forward are the spine of a team and needed to have been in by now. That's why the summer has been a minor disaster.

I think Koeman is just going to replace what we sell. (I can see Jagielka leaving if we get a good enough bid for him and then a replacement will be found - Mirallas' replacement is here now, of course, so that'll be cash spent elsewhere if we offload him). Koeman might pull one or two more than that out of the bag, but I cant see them being 'marquee' signings.

Basically: a lot was promised, it hasn't materialised in the period it made sense to bring top players in, and we now need to focus on addressing one single unit of the team that let us down last season - the defence. If the defence is reconstructed with more steel then I'd grudgingly accept that at this stage.
Dave, When did your transfer window close ?
The season finishes next May , not next week.
There may be other signings or there may not, but judging the window before the most active part of the season is hardly fair or balanced.

From what I've seen they are both similar type of players but Zaha often over complicates things and tries to beat his man again, whereas Bolasie is very direct and his first thought is too head for goal.

The funny thing is, the Palace fan Alan Whittle who comes on here said virtually the same thing about Bolaise, but included 'frustrating' in regards to Bolaise as well.

Dave, When did your transfer window close ?
The season finishes next May , not next week.
There may be other signings or there may not, but judging the window before the most active part of the season is hardly fair or balanced.
I think it is fair and balanced, tbh.

As we stand it's been a disappointment: even if we do get a glut of signings in during the next fortnight that wont make for a well planned and executed transfer window. It just confirms that we're still essentially a sell to buy club; that we've had to hang on and hang on until City moved for Stones to get our preseason spending going and that has wrecked our preparations.

Sterling is utter garbage. Mcgeady is better....he is comically bad
laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg

I think it is fair and balanced, tbh.

As we stand it's been a disappointment: even if we do get a glut of signings in during the next fortnight that wont make for a well planned and executed transfer window. It just confirms that we're still essentially a sell to buy club; that we've had to hang on and hang on until City moved for Stones to get our preseason spending going and that has wrecked our preparations.

Don't think this is a fair assessment.

Our net spend by the end of this transfer window will certainly be more than £50m, if this is the case then it's simply not true to say we are 'sell to buy'.

If we go out and spend the type of money that has been expected all summer then it will be quite obvious that the hurdle we had to maneuver around this summer was the STCC regulations on salaries.

Edit: I'm interpreting "sell to buy" as us needing to sell players in order to be able to afford to buy players.

Our net spend by the end of this transfer window will certainly be more than £50m, if this is the case then it's simply not true to say we are 'sell to buy'.

If we go out and spend the type of money that has been expected all summer then it will be quite obvious that the hurdle we had to maneuver around this summer was the STCC regulations on salaries.
True. We've saved on wages to date have we not?

True. We've saved on wages to date have we not?

Not sure what you mean? I wasn't implying that we were signing players late in the window to avoid paying them wages.

Just saying that our non-broadcasting revenue required a bump in order for us to be allowed offer the types of salaries that we need to offer to attract higher caliber players.

Edit: I'm interpreting "sell to buy" as us needing to sell players in order to be able to afford to buy players.

I don't know why you're wasting your time trying to reason with the trumpet who backed Martinez to the hilt and said Koeman wouldn't touch us with a barge pole...

I don't know why you're wasting your time trying to reason with the trumpet who backed Martinez to the hilt and said Koeman wouldn't touch us with a barge pole...

Any time I've had a conversation with DaveK on here he's always been reasonable towards me. Was just giving my opinion, not planning on debating it ;)

Truth be told I was pro-Martinez for a lot longer than most... the only reason I changed my views towards the end was because his position was untenable - he would never have been able to win back the fans and the negativity around the club as a result necessitated a change. Now, I'm not saying I was definitely right in this view - but it was my opinion at the time so I don't want to be dishonest about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.