Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his first season with us, he made us tick and his shielding of the back four was great - easily one of our best players. When the team suffered he did so more than others. He might not turn out to be the new Roy Keane, but I hope the RK will be able to beat some confidence into him again.

Would not start him alongside Barry, but if we get Mata or Witsel I would.

McCarthy is what you call a balance-player - he moves the ball around quickly and makes other players better. He has a wonderful engine and I strongly disagree that he has paper bag lungs. He is more often than not the player who will back up the full backs.

Kev is a big hit and miss - sometimes he is excellent and at other times he cannot do anything right. Kev, Del and Bolaise would be excellent options on the wing IMO. Who to start? Well that would depend on form.

Get the hell out of here with your cohesive and factual arguments for the retention of one our best (and yet often overlooked) players.

Kevin Mirallas has 4 star skill moves on FIFA and 89 dribbling, so despite the fact that he's a selfish self-concerned player with the consistency of jelly - he's still far better player.

go sign yacine brahimi from porto for £18m instead!
plays left wing hes a link up (payet kind of player)

We have pace in wide areas (del and kev) what we need is guile and creativity as an alternative. Perisic would be a better alternative and a similar price.

We have just been called insulting on talkshite for only offering £18mill haha apparently he's one of the best attackers in the league, ffs.

We already have good players in his position. We need to be aiming higher than good.

As a winger, perhaps. However, if he does come we would probably be playing him in a similar role to how Kone played at the start of last season, where he was a sort of wide forward - which worked (even with him) because it resulted in Lukaku getting more space because the defenders had to give him some of the attention (that was otherwise all on Rom)*.

Bolasie would be a considerable upgrade in that role because he is bigger, faster and more direct than Kone is; him and Lukaku (or him, Lukaku and Deulofeu on the other side) would result in a much quicker, much more direct style than what we had last season (and what we have seen in this pre-season) and we would all see the benefit of it quite soon.

* of course that did require the left back to have a lot of speed to cover most of that flank - which Galloway has, but Baines doesn't.

We have just been called insulting on talkshite for only offering £18mill haha apparently he's one of the best attackers in the league, ffs.

He is very good and with Koeman and Walsh being fans and us needing someone for that spot, I guess it will happen. Bring it on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.