2020/21 Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this not the same Bolasie connecting the club to the fans?
Social media wise or not. Same fella who has his head down training and trying to get back into the team despite various summer signings and previous injuries. I feel, he should be encouraged and appreciated for the fact he is working hard for the above and the fact that he is bridging the line between the club and fans - hopefully he comes back from the injuries stronger and better for them. A hungry player imo that seems to be a dying breed in this day and age.

Wouldn't mind keeping him around, seems liked in the squad, seems great with the young players and looks like he's good friends with Nkounkou which helps to settle him. Don't dislike Bolasie either and to be honest I still mantain that if not for the injury he'd have done very well for us especially when Lukaku was still in the side. It's not really his fault that he regressed so much because of the injury.

However the club is a business. He's on way too much to not be playing and that money desperately needs to be invested somewhere else. He's not exactly good enough to compete at the level we want to be at. In some cases I don't mind us keeping a player past their best if they're not playing regularly; e.g Jags' last season, Howard, Cahill in his last season, Pienaar, etc. However the sentiment isn't there for Bolasie even though he's trying.

I wish absolutely no ill will towards him because we were dumb enough to sign him in the first place and what's happening now is probably what we deserve for getting him when he clearly wasn't what we needed.

He was given a massive contract and, in his position, I'd probably see it out too.

It's just all typical of us to have made so, so many expensive mistakes and seeing them all either refuse moves or just have nobody willing to take them off us while they bleed us dry.

Still, no problem with Yannick, I just think he's a bad footballer and would be happier for the club if he left.

I think it's fair to say, with not even being in either League cup squad against lower league opposition, that he will not be getting another chance with us. And I do think its a shame, because as has been pointed out, he does seem like a genuinely nice guy and loves being here, and he has worked as hard as anyone to get back.

I hope he gets another crack somewhere else, and I do wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.